Looking for warm seaside Sept hol for us - advice welcome!

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
goosie

Looking for warm seaside Sept hol for us - advice welcome!

Post by goosie »

I don't know if its cheeky asking this but you are all the experts around the world! We have finally booked our `summer` holiday dates for mid Sept and am now thinking of a warm seaside holiday in southern Europe. We have two small children so would want somewhere where they can swim outside still and play on the beach. All ideas (and offers!!) welcome :lol:
kteee

Post by kteee »

The algarve would fit the bill - let me know if you're interested I have a few apartments still free in sept depending on dates!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Corsica, Calvi, 6km of sandy beach, and a LMH only discount :wink:
Cheers
PC
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Toughie as obviously we all like our places, so depends on what your tastes are.

For our part the guests who enjoy it most are those with small children, like it very peaceful, happy that the communal pool is virtually empty, don't mind hiring a car, enjoy evenings spent on the balcony whilst kids are sleeping, like an empty beach.

Not suited to those who want walkable restaurants, lively nightlife, like lots of English around, like gourmet dining.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

We are about 20 minutes drive from some nice beaches, pretty empty in September I think, as most Italians holiday in August.

Our pool also has a 6 metre diameter circular childrens pool, which is only 80 cm. deep.

It's still really warm here in September, and we have availability all month.

Let me know if it is of interest. LMH discount of course
goosie

Post by goosie »

Many thanks for the offers - I guess I need to narrow down my specifications and put my thinking hat on! Certainly don't want `english` holiday abroad. I love getting to know the local culture, food and wine! Don't want night lift, as I don't get enough sleep with two small ones at the best of times! I do want beach, pool and sunshine. Not too much to ask I think.....
pambon

Post by pambon »

I would back TOG in Puglia. Off the beaten track as a holiday destination so few (if any) tourists of any kind, lovely beaches, warm/hot weather and just perfect.

Go on, give it a try!!
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Hi our place is 1 min walk to a sandy beach and you can use the hotel beside us beachside pool and facilites which is great for kids as it also has a paddling pool. Ours love it there they have talked of nothing else for weeks we are going on Wed. There was building work behind us but I believe its finished now will know for sure Wed.

It is not in Europe yet but the weather is lovely mid Sept. We are in a very unspoilt part of Turkey that caters to the Turkish and its near the major historical sites of Pergamon. The area is also rich in thermal spas and there are numerous hidden coves and the beautiful landscape of Bademli a totally unspoilt coastline is 15 mins drive away. There is also a Genonese Fortress 20 mins away in Candarli plus the historic resort of Ayvalik where you can explore the old Greek quarter and can also travel to the Greek island of Lesbos for the day. We have lots of photos and videos on our website so you could get a feel for the area.
Always Learning
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Do your patriotic duty - eschew all these disgusting foreign places, and go to Skegness - perfectly warm in September (it sometimes reaches as high as 15 degrees) and so bracing (just ask Ros!)

Moliere (Harrumph, I should say "Milton" or "Dryden") :wink: :wink:

[If it were me, I'd go to Corsica (Porto Vecchio) or Turkey (Kalkan)]
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
goosie

Post by goosie »

thanks for all your sales advice! We have booked through od to portugal. It will be stange being a renter for a change!!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Do your patriotic duty - eschew all these disgusting foreign places, and go to Skegness - perfectly warm in September (it sometimes reaches as high as 15 degrees) and so bracing (just ask Ros!)
Erm why exactly :? ................