By Owner vs. Agency talk

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Musetta

By Owner vs. Agency talk

Post by Musetta »

interesting thread on http://slowtalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/862600685 about the "dangers" of renting by owners...and a serious consideration for those of you who want American biz and don't take credit cards or paypal.
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

Hi Musetta I looked at the page you mentioned but I could not find the article. I have seen other articles on an Italian website months ago warning people about booking directly with the owners and providing all sorts of scary stories. If you notice there are very few Italian rental sites with similar settings to HR for example. They tend to want a disproportionate amount of personal information when you join and thery are very expensive for what they offer. In our area a lot of rental sites are based on a commission basis and impose all type of limitations. is this your experience? Do you get any enquiries from slowtravel?
Not good with computers
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

sorry...don't know why it didn't link to the post (scroll down in the forums though - think it's under "owners direct." I don't advertise on SlowTrav, but I sometimes post in the forums. Probably have not gotten direct business from it, but it has brought people to my website.

I've sound the same as you though and don't bother with the Italian sites...most of my guests have been Americans, so I've been sticking to advertising on the big US ones.
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

I have not bothered with the American sites this year but I have had several Canedian bookings. I think I may try again next year when i have a buget!
Not good with computers