Insurance for your rental property

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mountain Goat

Insurance for your rental property

Post by Mountain Goat »

We’ve been searching for some years for an alternative to our local Swiss insurance, for our Leysin property. Unfortunately, being outside the EEC, it hasn’t been easy to find, and Intasure, based in the UK, has been our only alternative quotation.

We had a quote from Intasure last year, and I wasn’t particularly impressed, with either cover or cost, and I’ve posted comments on LMH accordingly.

However, they’ve just sent us another quote, which looks seriously interesting, and includes £5 million public liability, £5 million employer’s liability (particular useful for cleaners?), £1 million buildings cover (the same for all property, not just ours) and £30k contents.

The policy summary for our personal quotation is here (we went for accidental damage by tenants as well, and it's based on a 4-bedroom property) and the premium is less than £500, payable monthly. They offer up to 40% discount for adjusting the excess, there’s 20% discount on renewals and they take into account your current no-claims history.

I can strongly recommend requesting a quote, especially as PM feedback amongst LMHers has been enthusiastic. Cover is not restricted to UK residents, but unavailable to US and Canadian owners (liability differences?)

An added bonus is that Intasure offer a generous commission on both new business and renewals. No, not to me, but LMH, or specifically Paolo’s wife’s shoe fund, if you ask for your quote by clicking here. That coded link will take you through to information on their UK and overseas holiday home insurance as well as your main residence insurance.

Public Service Message
There is a cost (financial and otherwise) to Paolo in running this forum, and I’m personally not brilliant at making a regular contribution. So if we get the best insurance deal, and LMH benefits repeatedly, what could be better?

And if anyone else comes up with a better deal, then let’s hear about it, plus your own experiences with Intasure. If we agree that it's a good deal, perhaps the Intasure link could become a Sticky?

MG
paolo

Post by paolo »

A warm thank you to MG for coming up with this idea and pursuing it. This is a referral deal, in which LMH is paid a commission of 10% by Intasure for any insurance premiums from LMH users. (I say LMH is paid a commission, but I mean me, as the cost of hosting this site on a super server, albeit one which burnt down last year, does add up).

I must emphasise that I have no experience of Intasure, and I do not endorse or recommend them. But they have been mentioned by satisfied customers here on the forum, so may be worth considering.

My advice is to shop around, and if you want to get a quote from Intasure, then it would be beneficial to LMH (or me) if you do so by following this link to their homepage:
http://www.intasure.com/?introducer=400923

I am going to close this thread and make it a sticky, and for discussion of Intasure there is this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=7939
Paolo
Lay My Hat