What Prospects for Rentals in Turkey in "009?

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
pwatty

What Prospects for Rentals in Turkey in "009?

Post by pwatty »

I'm a brand new member with a villa in Turkey. I have the impression that most members have their properties in the Euro zone. It would be interesting to know how many people active in the forum are trying to let a property in Turkey, and how 2009 is shaping up for them.

For example, I don't think the £/Turkish Lire rate has take such a bad hit as the £/Euro rate, so it should be relatively less expensive for UK visitors, compared to the Euro zone. And the proportion of UK visitors has been increasing steadily over the past few years. Even seen it as the no. 1 destination in some of the latest surveys.

Or am I just trying to cheer myself up?
From Sandy Beaches to Wooded Mountains, The Turquoise Coast is Unspoilt Turkey at its Best: www.DiscoverUzumlu.com
christinedavid

Post by christinedavid »

Hi
I also have a villa in Turkey that I'm advertising for rental. Everywhere you look this year is suggesting that Turkey is going to do better this year. Many people see the cost of flights a problem, but forget they're 4 hours instead of 2. As you know, accommodation there is cheaper for similar properties than in say Spain. Living costs are also cheaper in Turkey.Good luck with your villa.
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

hi, how did it go for you in 2009? My apartment did really well, had a lot of bookings and had great feedback, also got a couple of repeat bookings penciled in for 2010 which is fantastic.
www.akbukholidays.com - Dream holidays on Turkey's Aegean coast.
www.apartmentsturkey.org - Advertise your holiday home in Turkey for free!