D********** F*****

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Mountain Goat

D********** F*****

Post by Mountain Goat »

Earlier today someone from D - F posted on the forum, with a rather undisguised plug, and it's been zapped by a mod. There wasn't even an url on the post; hardly a mortal sin with the blatant plugging which appears every day here.

I hate being treated like a child (kid?) - surely we're adult enough to make a decision about a site without having it censored before we could get our teeth in it?

There are several reasons why it was a total c*** site, but surely those would have been interesting to other LMHers? And the owner could have put up a defence.

Another reason why we ought to have an almost-anything-goes thread?

MG
paolo

Post by paolo »

I deleted the guy's posts because he emailed me before to say he was not going to spam the forum, and he even said the same in his posts, while plugging his variety of websites. This is nothing to do with treating you like a kid, it is to do with the fact that I foot the bills (with the exception of the very small number of generous donations I receive from members) and I do not do that to provide a free advertising medium. If you think there is other blatant plugging please point it out to me.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Er, yes, well, sincere apologies.

I thought just before Christmas was the traditional time for Mrs P's shoe fund?

I'll get my coat.

MG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote:I'll get my coat.MG
It's a permanent fixture isn't it MG? :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
pete

Post by pete »

I am really in the dark, I dont understand posts like this, although over the years I see them post more often, it reminds me of jimbos post about titfortat on the other thread.

Please enlighten me, pm if you prefer,

pete