Sicily

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Giuliana

Sicily

Post by Giuliana »

Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the forum so just wanted to say Ciao :D Anybody else in Sicily renting property? Really like to hear from you, and your experiences in the rental business. :) Giuliana
anmar1

Welcome

Post by anmar1 »

Hello Giuliana,
Welcome to the forum, I am Anna, and my house is in Tuscany.
I am sure you will find many friends here.

Ciao e a presto
Anna
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Ciao Anna,
Pleased to meet you. You are the only person that has replied.
Love the apartments, they are furnished con "gusto". Nice web site as well.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Give it time Giuliana, :wink: There's at least one regular poster here with a property in Sicily - Pambon. She has an apartment in Taormina I think. Welcome!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Dear Giddy Goat,
I saw Pambon on the memberlist and sent her a pm but she hasn't replied yet. Just felt a little lonely thought no-one wanted to speak to me :cry: . Fantastic forum and you are all sooooooooo friendly :D .
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

Ciao Giuliana,

Just to say hello, whilst we do not live in Sicily we do have a rental villa near Tropea, so we have a little in common.

With Ryanair closing the winter flights in to Lamezia
we have decided to fly to Catania in February and drive up to Zambrone, rather than drive down from Naples.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy - there is so much information and help available here.
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Hi Jenroy,
Thanks for the reply, Pleased to meet you .
Do you know that Ryanair flies Stansted- Palermo? We use this flight often. Ryanair doesn't fly to Catania so no cheap flights from there!! :evil: . Trapani- Birmingham has just started with Ryanair, but for me it's quite far away ,so even worse for you. Already I have seen your advert on HL. Nice house. Do you live in the UK or in Tropea?
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

I know that we cannot get cheap flights with Ryanair in to Catania, but if you book 2 months ahead out of season BA flies out of Gatwick at £104 return, with no baggage /boarding/tax issues and we can bring over things like golf clubs at no extra charge.

Unfortunately we still live in the UK :(
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Does BA fly to Manchester from Catania in low season at these prices? We normally hire a car at Stansted and drive to Manchester but it would be better for us to fly directly there.
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

According to the BA site they only fly to Milan from Manchester, so it would mean a 2 flight journey
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi Giuliana (& everyone else who thought of me!)

Please excuse absence due to 2 months of ill health with my EL being a fantastic nurse! All just about fine again.

Welcome Giuliana to LMH which I hope you'll find as interesting as I do.

It wasn't until I was confined to bed that I realised just how little my EL knows what to do to welcome guests and then send them on their way.....luckily my housekeeper kept the cleaning etc going, although I was sorry I couldn't check it out. Not being around for my guests raised my temperature even higher and then I had to dictate email replies for my son, who although is bi-lingual in the spoken language, is not so strong on the written word!! All very frustrating.

Giuliana I have pm'd you today - rather belatedly. Perhaps I'm mistaken but it seems that LMH does not advise us when a pm is posted.......unless my son accidentally deleted it while operating my laptop in my absence!!

Good Luck and Happy Renting!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Pambon Glad youre feeling better
Perhaps I'm mistaken but it seems that LMH does not advise us when a pm is posted.......unless my son accidentally deleted it while operating my laptop in my absence!!
If you look into your 'profile' there is a box to tick to be informed if someone pms you :wink:

Take Carex
Don Ciccio

Re: Sicily

Post by Don Ciccio »

Giuliana wrote:Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the forum so just wanted to say Ciao :D Anybody else in Sicily renting property? Really like to hear from you, and your experiences in the rental business. :) Giuliana
Giuliana,

I have just joined the forum. I know its over a year since your post, but I too rent out a couple of villas in Sicily - the western end near Trapani.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about our experiences in Sicily, our approach to guests or our web content. I also speak fluent Italian and can understand a lot of il dialetto Siciliano.

Sinceramente, Ciccio