attracting italian and american customers

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
wrighty

attracting italian and american customers

Post by wrighty »

Hello all,
We are now up and running to a degree and have a couple of bookings for the rest of this year, i am currently in the process of trying to set a website up, my question is whats the best way to tap into the US and Italian market as it would seem the area around Soverato i quite popular with american and northern Italians.

Cheers :?
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I think they are TOTALLY different customer bases - I get most American bookings from vrbo.com - I seriously doubt an Italian would look there...don't know where they would actually...the Italians I know tend to go to the local travel agency or tourist board to find accommodations.
Titti

Post by Titti »

Hi Wrighty
for Italians you could try newpapers ads. Each big city has a newspaper with free ads. In Rome it is called Porta Portese, in Perugia is Cerco e Trovo. You can generally publish your ads online and they will be published for two weeks.

You can also make a search for "annunci gratuiti" but I do not know if those would work.

You could try www.bbplanet.it, they are quite professional. I do get some reservations from them but I have a different market. Best is to ask how your neighbors advertise their beach houses. Make sure to get registered with the local tourist office.
corepotente

Post by corepotente »

Titti gave you a great advice!
We are also on BBplanet and it seems to work pretty good.
Try also www.subito.it for 'annunci gratuiti'.

Good luck renting.
C.
wrighty

advertising to Italians

Post by wrighty »

Thanks for advice, but one is all in Italian and the other isnt recognised.
corepotente

Post by corepotente »

Yes, Subito is in Italian only! and your item/house to sell/buy/let must be in Italy (I guess your holiday rental is in Italy, isn't it?)

The correct link for bbplanet is www.bbplanet.it - it's like venere (they charge a commission on each rental you get throught the site - 10% if I remember well) but it includes also self-catering accomodations, B&Bs, agriturismo...

Hope this helps.

C.
corepotente

Post by corepotente »

Yes, of course - your house is in Italy - Soverato!
I spent a holiday over there (looong time ago!) :-)

C.
corepotente

Post by corepotente »

Wrighty, if reading/writing Italian is an issue, please feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail with the text you would like to submit, and I will translate it for you.

C.
wrighty

translation

Post by wrighty »

Thanks for that, that would be great. I will write up the text and email it to you, whats your email address ?

Thanks once again that will be a great help
:)
corepotente

Post by corepotente »

just send me a PM or write to info at sanpotente . it :)

C.