Costa Blanca Property For Quick Sale!! Advice please..

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Steph

Costa Blanca Property For Quick Sale!! Advice please..

Post by Steph »

Wonder if anyone on here can possibly help me??

In 2006 my wife and I together withanother couple purchased a brand new 2 bed Quad Bungalow in a lovely coatal location of Costa Blanca.

Unfortunatley due to myself currently going through divorce and the other couple emergrating to Austrailia early in 2009 we need to sell up and quickly.

I appreciate that the property market is not good in Spain at present and that a quick sale is probably not going to happen. However we are prepared to sell this property at a very low price just to try for the quick sale.

It is fully furnished and has been rented out on a regular basis since purchsed. It would also come complete with the following web-site www.casa-jasmin.com

We have even consider having it re-possesed but are concerned for obvious reasons..

Would any body be able to offer any advice on the following:
A. A reputable agent in the area?
B. Agents fees and any others fees?
C. Best place to advertise?
D. Experiances of re possesions in Spain?

Really we are only looking to cover our 80% Spanish mortgage.

Please help!!

Thanks to anybody who posts :-)
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

So sorry to hear about your problems!

When my husband died I was left with two apartments on CDS. As I couldn't cope with both of them at the time I put the biggest one on the market. Lots of agents (half of them crooked methinks) and a year on still not sold, I put an ad in Daltons weekly. I had a number of enquiries and someone bought it at the original price (with no inflated agent's fees)!

If you know someone out there who can act as a keyholder, this may be one of the routes to go down. It's worth giving them an incentive from the sale.

I wish you luck and hope everything gets sorted.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Steph

Im sorry youre in this situation :roll: ..Cabo Roig is a nice area........Im not far away, in Torrevieja.

Roxy who posts here runs a Torreviejan Website and Im sure she would be able to help you.........or tell you who could......

I will give her a pm to contact you

Take Carexxxxxxx
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Steph

I don't live in Spain, but suggest you put a free ad on Gumtree if they have a section for foreign property, it gives you plenty of space to glow about your property. Try looking up the many free classified sites both in the UK and abroad, even Craig's List. I know The Lady mag is expensive, but they may get the right readership for you and they are now on-line too.

Why not look on Ebay and see if that's a possibility and check their rules, they may be different than for selling the normal sort of things.

Doesn't Prime Location also offer space for selling property abroad? What I don't know is; if you need to be an agent. There are loads of sites for which you pay a small sum for listing your property and that might be worth a try.

Just a word of warning; your website took ages to open, I'm not sure if that's the www being slow tonight, or the download time of your website, therefore it might be worth telling people there are photos and plans, so they will wait for them to load.

What about Expat sites for Spain and elsewhere? Many who use them live in the UK but like to follow the news for Spain.

It's a lovely property, so good luck. I wouldn't give up hope as the weather in Britain is so bad at the moment and many want to jump ship, so you may be lucky.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Seph heres a link to Roxys website

http://www.costablancaholidays.eu/

Hope things work out for you

Take Carexxxxxxx
Steph

Post by Steph »

Finding a lot of web site its free to advertise the poperty on so going to look at putting it on them.

Thank you all so far for your posts.

Much apprecited.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I would look very carefully at the idea of going down the route of repossesion in Spain. I've heard that you can end up, not just mortgage free but with horrendous debts.

Apparently there is a fairly new legistlation that says that the banks have to allow you to reduce your payments by extending the term. It might be worth talking to your bank about that option, if only to give you some managable breathing space while you try to sell.

Don't be tempted to skip any payments, however difficult they may become because you only have to miss a couple and the process of repossession starts. From what I've heard the banks in Spain tend not to be sympathetic.

Good luck.
polly

Post by polly »

Hello Steph, really sorry to hear about your situation. I have recently been contacted by a small company in CB that deals with people who need to sell quickly. The owner is Juan Carlos, he does seem quite aggressive in his marketing of properties so he may be able to help. I do not know him personally, I found him on the internet when I was looking for cheap property in Spain.

If you want his email address pm me, because as I do not know him personally I do not wish to advertise his website, but he may be worth a shot!
My Villa in Campoverde Spain