Not getting back posts??

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Big Sis..

Not getting back posts??

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi,
just looked on a thread and I went to 'all posts by Ju' and couldnt get any??!!...
I noticed this happens with A2s [Joanna's]as well...
as Party just posted about recently.......
I sometimes do this for quickness, as I remember someone posted on a particular thread.....
and its quicker to check on posts made by X....than going through all the other options...........[especially all posts made by Big Sis.. :roll: :wink: ]

????
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yep - same here BS, I just tried to find Ju's and A2's posts but no success. :?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yep - same here BS, I just tried to find Ju's and A2's posts but no success
See GG :wink: you thought it was one of my Senior Moments didnt ya.....or just normal Rozzieness :wink: :D
[theres a contradiction in terms :D ]
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Big Sis.. wrote:Hi,
just looked on a thread and I went to 'all posts by Ju' and couldnt get any??!!...
I noticed this happens with A2s [Joanna's]as well...
as Party just posted about recently.......
I sometimes do this for quickness, as I remember someone posted on a particular thread.....
and its quicker to check on posts made by X....than going through all the other options...........[especially all posts made by Big Sis.. :roll: :wink: ]

????
I was initially so tempted to argue with you and tell you that you were talking a load of bollocks but to make quite sure I went to Ju’s Profile. I was told that Ju has 1091 post is total. When I asked to be show all posts by Ju I was told there aren’t any. If I had reacted quickly I would have been totally wrong and in the event you are quite right.

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I was initially so tempted to argue with you and tell you that you were talking a load of bollocks but to make quite sure I went to Ju’s Profile. I was told that Ju has 1091 post is total. When I asked to be show all posts by Ju I was told there aren’t any. If I had reacted quickly I would have been totally wrong and in the event you are quite right.
Once again Alan!!!!!!! Surprisingly I knew that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
and tell you that you were talking a load of bollocks
How nice :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Big Sis.. wrote:
Once again Alan!!!!!!! Surprisingly I knew that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
How nice :roll:
Were you being "amusing" when you posted that reply or were you trying to say something?

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Do you see me laughing??
I will give you a clue if I am. its normally followed by this :D

or sometimes[in extreme cases] this :lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

How strange, I can search on everyone else's posts, I think it is because they only have 2 characters in their name. My posts were coming up on a search when I used la vache!, but I've just done a test, I changed my name to LV and did a search on my posts again and nothing came up.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Big Sis.. wrote:Do you see me laughing??
I will give you a clue if I am. its normally followed by this :D

or sometimes[in extreme cases] this :lol:
I don’t regard emoticans as being a substitute for the English language so inevitably I must have missed your point. Is it possible to join your club?

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Alan said,
Quote:

How nice
Were you being "amusing" when you posted that reply or were you trying to say something?

also............

I don’t regard emoticans as being a substitute for the English language so inevitably I must have missed your point.

I dont regard 'Offensive language'

as a substitute for the 'English Language' either..
:roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

OK Ros. You want to have a go at a fellow LMH member but where do you want to go with it?
Big Sis.. wrote:Once again Alan!!!!!!! Surprisingly I knew that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually it’s "twice again" and I am the one who is surprised you knew......
Big Sis.. wrote:I don’t regard 'Offensive language' as a substitute for the 'English Language' either.. :roll:
By extracting a few words and quoting them completely out of context you may well regard “a load of bollock” as being offensive language but only because you want to. I suppose you are entitled to do that but many will see through what you are saying and know that “a load of bollocks” in its context was just an example of plain speaking. If you would you prefer to have “a load of bollocks” phrased differently would you accept it as being “a container full of spherical objects”? It really doesn’t matter, the meaning is the same.

Now, would you like to continue with your personal attack on me or would you like to discuss why we can’t access the postings made by Ju and A2 and some others?

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Alan Knighting wrote: Now, would you like to continue with your personal attack on me or would you like to discuss why we can’t access the postings made by Ju and A2 and some others?

Alan
HELLO! EXCUSE ME FOR SHOUTING, BUT I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED WHY WE CAN'T ACCESS THEIR POSTS...although I don't see why the number of characters in a name makes a difference to the forum software.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

la vache! wrote:
Alan Knighting wrote: Now, would you like to continue with your personal attack on me or would you like to discuss why we can’t access the postings made by Ju and A2 and some others?

Alan
HELLO! EXCUSE ME FOR SHOUTING, BUT I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED WHY WE CAN'T ACCESS THEIR POSTS...although I don't see why the number of characters in a name makes a difference to the forum software.
Sorry Susan. I don't mind you shouting. I do remember you telling us that we can't access others' post but I can't remember you telling us why we can't do so.

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

LV said!!
How strange, I can search on everyone else's posts, I think it is because they only have 2 characters in their name. My posts were coming up on a search when I used la vache!, but I've just done a test, I changed my name to LV and did a search on my posts again and nothing came up.
Is that clear enough!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

LV, that is a brilliant bit of problem-solving there and you've certainly sussed out how to make the problem recur! I've just tried the same on my profile and had the same result.

I can guess as to what's causing it, but my guess is that fixing it across the board is not in the cards without several hours' work.

Alan, I was so very tempted to add something to this post that would vent my frustration with the fact that 3/4 of the arguments on this board seem to involve you as one of the pair arguing, and that in this case it was in fact you that started it with a passive-aggressive insult that was completely obvious, and that would then ask you to please back off the offensive for a while so that I don't have to worry about whether a thread involving you is going to degenerate into name-calling EVERY time I log on... but then I decided that I didn't want to become part of the argument and that this would probably end by itself without any intervention from me...

so please carry on, cheers!

Brooke

(apologies in advance)
Brooke