Listing Sites Specific to France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bentisdall

Try a French website

Post by bentisdall »

Why not try a French language website? One of the good things about that is apart from August most of the school holidays don't overlap with the English ones. I'm on about 4 french language websites but the best by a mile is www.pour-les-vacances.com & it's only about 80 euros for a year. The site looks a bit clunky but it ranks very high on google.fr
Debby

Post by Debby »

Just had a quick look at that site - looks good and there is another property within Pont Royal on the site. Also after emailing French Maison, they have offered me a three month free trial so thank you to everyone for your advice.

www.houseinpontroyal.iowners.net
Debby
pete

Post by pete »

bestfrenchholidays.co.uk

found another, very small but currently free and takes your website link

pete
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Pete, added now.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Debby

Post by Debby »

Just added ours too - thank you! Now have another two weeks booked at the beginning of July and am getting a lot of enquiries from various sites all recommended on lmh so feeling a lot more positive!!
Debby
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good news Debby :D lets hope it continues[sure it will] :wink:
Gite Guru

Post by Gite Guru »

just launched rentgitefrance.com and would really appreciate feedback on or off list on usability, bugs etc from any frenchies out there.

Be gentle, it's in beta!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Just added to list GG2. Catching up after a few days away so will try to remember to have a proper look later - good luck with it meanwhile though!
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debby

Post by Debby »

I have just submitted my listing GG2 - although I realised after I had sent it that I hadn't put any contact details in - I am not sure how the photo will turn out as it doesn't preview in the submission. The site seems easy to use for people searching for property although nothing in Provence as yet - maybe I will be the first!
Debby
Gite Guru

Post by Gite Guru »

debbie your picture was too small but i've surfed and found one which was bigger and added it to your listing. pm me your contact details and I'll pop them in too.

unfortunately the preview doesn't show images, not something I can fix unfortunately!

kr,

Dave
Gite Guru

Post by Gite Guru »

@gg many thanks
LPC

Post by LPC »

Very happy with our listing, Mr Guru! Site looks promising and we wish the very best of luck. However, only our main photo seems to load - the others lower down are red boxes. The photo addresses are good (from our own website) - perhaps there is a size issue? Is this just our problem or could it affect others? One other small issue - in the spirit of trying to be positive by pointing out small things. On your home page, if the page is loaded in diminshed size, the text on the top right over-runs other parts. Perhaps that text should be put into a box? That should cure the problem. Once again, very best wishes for a successful site.
http://maison-bourgeoise.co.nf

Dearest Josette, our flock leader and friend, passed to the astral on 27 January, 2015. Roam free, dear one! xxx
paolo

Post by paolo »

Please address these issues direct to the site in question, so as not to clutter this thread. Thanks!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
pete

Post by pete »

bedandbreakfasts.net

found this, its got a france section but is world wide, free with link exchange

pete
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Pete, thanks for the link but since it's world-wide, maybe start a new thread under B&B? :)