Holiday Rental Mortgages in UK ?

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
TheMegaughins

Holiday Rental Mortgages in UK ?

Post by TheMegaughins »

Can anyone recommend a good UK mortgage specifically for holiday rentals ?

12 months ago we bought the apartment next door to our Edinburgh home to provide holiday lets.
We took a standard "buy to let" mortgage as our financial advisor said we wouldn't get anyone to lend for holiday lets.

We'd now like to buy another apartment in the same building but it's smaller, and more expensive, so the monthly rental from a long-term tenant wouldn't cover the mortgage payments. i.e. The bank won't risk giving us the money.

I don't see the problem. Our first property takes 3 to 4 times the amount we'd get from a long-term lease and I expect the new property to perform almost as well. But the bank doesn't see it this way, even with 12 months solid data to indicate this is a sound business deal.

So can anyone recommend a company who will provide mortgages based on expected rental income from holiday lets ?
Thanks.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I would have thought that it would be very difficult in the current circumstances.
may

Post by may »

My first post so I hope it is of some use. I think Cumberland Building Society deal with holiday let mortgages, though I'm not sure whether the property needs to be within a certain operating area. Might be worth a try.

May
Pete Wyatt

Post by Pete Wyatt »

Try Scarborough BS
Pete
goosie

Post by goosie »

or Principality BS