Chaletfinder.co.uk

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Beanie

Chaletfinder.co.uk

Post by Beanie »

Wasn't sure if this should be in Rental Listings or here, but as it seems relevant to us mountain folk only, thought I would plump for here.

Does anyone know of this company or perhaps even advertises with them - any feedback ?

They do seem expensive at £188 p.a. p.chalet inc 6 photos.

I was in touch with Rochelle there last Spring and she offered a 15% discount on the first year but I didn't go with it in the end. Just wasn't sure and couldn't gather enough data on the site & company. Also, their Google rating was poor - with Holiday Lettings far higher, and cheaper.

They didn't have our region in Switzerland listed but said they'd set it up for us. I guess there's a benefit in being the only fish in the pond.

They've just sent out a newsletter which got me thinking again.

Beanie
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We are listed with them. They are one of the most pro-active websites in my experience and Rochelle is very good. We have done very well out of them, with multiple bookings for one family. This is not known as a skiing area so I was doubtful about listing with them. I intend to renew with them, if that is any help.
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Morning Margaret

Thanks for that - useful to hear from a satisfied advertiser.

When you say they are 'pro-active' are you referring to the customer services side of things or in other areas ?

ATB
Beanie
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

They take some general enquiries and feed them through to appropriate properties. I think in some cases they wait to see who is actually replying to these emails before they give you the client details - rather than just passing it on and not knowing if the owners are awake enough to answer. They will phone you and answer emails. The only other website I can think of which seems to have a similar interest in their property owners is Reponsible Travel.
Like I said, it is only one family which has booked with us but it really is a long shot to persuade anyone to come from the UK to Bavaria for skiing and especially to this area rather than the Alps.
In fact, there is another large family group still considering booking with us for next skiing season.
I listed with Chaletfinder and Chalets Direct at the same time. CD seems to be very France oriented.
Martha

Post by Martha »

We are with them but via our agents - but I have just arranged to have the ad contacts handed over to me.

I think they are very good - one of the first places I'd look myself for a chalet. I don't know how we do for bookings from them at the moment as the agents deal with them, but I think they would probably suit you, beanie!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

They look good for French chalet property on Google, but invisible for Switzerland. If you were serious, Beanie, then I would ask them to do some heavy SEO for Switzerland (keywords would be a good start).

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Too expensive
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Not for the size of bookings we have had from them! But that is a gamble, I admit.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I gambled badly on H-R last time, and at least I got my money back when it didn't work. April/May is not a good time for the cashflow, winter all over, and money for summer bookings not yet paid.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I started researching skiing sites late last summer I think, so as to be geared up for the skiing season.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I gambled badly on H-R last time, and at least I got my money back

A gamble is when you risk something, usually money, to make a return.

Why do you give them such a hard time, Helen? You tried HR, it didn't work, you got your money back; I think you even got a booking.

Do they really deserve a continual stream of negative comments? LMH has a powerful influence on where we advertise, and I think months of this stuff is simply unfair.

MG
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I agree to an extent. But there seems to be some consensus here that H-R has deteriorated in success rate for a lot of people since its massive expansion.

Also, this morning I had 2 emails from them in response to ones I had sent to them, neither of which indicated that they had read my emails and both signed 'customer support'. This would never have happened when it was still run by the founders - who were, after all, so successful that they sold it for a lot of money, so can't have been too wrong in what they were doing.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MG, I simply stated a fact to outline that I wouldn't receive the same from this site.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Sorry, Helen, I didn't see the 'fact'.

MG
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

HelenB wrote:.... I wouldn't receive the same from this site.
What "same" is that, Helen? Sorry, confused. RR