Building Plot close to St.Malo/St.Suliac.

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Gastines wrote:Now for sale again. After upping their offer 3 times to an acceptable level, the buyers,spelt bu--ers,have now changed their minds. Looks like I'll have to build on it myself. I need a project for next year.
Regards.
That's disappointing! Do you have a Website for it or do you have an agent who is selling it? We are not in the market right now but it’s of interest to me as Joan is very keen on living by the sea and has chosen the North Brittany coast between Paimpol and the Pointe du Grouin as her ideal location.

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Sorry about that Gastines. I'm sure you will sell if you leave it on the market a little longer.
Weather is still lovely up here isn't it Bobby? In fact the lawn is going brown. I think the SW is due for more rain tomorrow. 8)
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

la vache! wrote:I think the SW is due for more rain tomorrow. 8)
The last week has been very dry with temperatures in the shade in the mid 30's. If rain arrives tomorrow it will be very welcome.

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mid 30's :shock: far too hot for me. The temperature here is lovely, around 25 - 28°C max with a wonderfully refreshing breeze that even made my line dried towels fluffy 8)
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Weather is still lovely up here isn't it Bobby?
Sure is LV 8)

I am seriously thinking about putting cold water in the pool - I do not think that 31/32c is a healthy temperature.

Apart from a tiny bit of rain here & there, the last 3 weeks have been absolutely superb.

The garden says 'thank you' to our well!

Bobby
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

Plot now free of Agents fee and at a Price Of Euro 57000+notaires fee. As my dear wife does not want me to build my house design.Site is between N137 And D117,865 sq mtrs. Bornage already done. CdU from Mairie. Easy access Town Gas/Electricity/Water at front of site. Main Drainage promised early2009. 5mins from The Rance/St.Suliac and St Jouan 10 mins St Malo. Any more details wanted please contact direct. I may still get my way with my build if you are not quick!!
Regards.
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

I said be quick,hopefully now sold.
Regards.
Gastines

The plot thickens.

Post by Gastines »

As an add-on to anyone going down the same route. We have signed the Compromise de Vente and have been given a completion date of the END of February!!!!! Apparently it takes 3 months to complete the legal side,as in a house sale, and the buyer is given another 3months or if requested ,6 months, to see if there are any objections from the commune to his building plans.Fotunately our buyer wants to complete ASAP, but thought I'd warn anyone expecting a quick result. Also, even though it is part of our principle residence, we are still liable to an increased value tax of approx 10% as we haven't owned the land for 18years!!
However, at the end of the day it will be a bonus as it is a piece of land I don't use and is behind a huge hedge,our hedge I may add. I suppose that at least we can say we have given something back,tax wise, for the time we have enjoyed living here and hopefully will for a few more years.For few, read many!!
Regards.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's good news Gastines and I hope the purchasers make you nice neighbours when the time comes!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

For Sale Again At 60000euros. After 5 months with a buyer,the dipstick can't complete.Unfortunately for him he loses his deposit,most of which the Notaire gets,and we lose 5 months of marketing time.Blast and Bu--eration.
Anyone want the details of this plot please PM direct.Next door our house is also up for sale,now too big for us. by the way we are still solvent.I don't believe in spending anything till I can count it.
Regards.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Oh that's a shame Gastines, on both counts. Bon courage and I hope you find buyers for both soon.
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

And it's sold again. Hopefully this lot will complete. As a warning to potential buyers who pay their deposit and then change their mind without including any get-outs in the C,d. V. You will lose your deposit ,all 10% of it.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Doigts croisés Gastines. Good news in these bleakish times.
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

Thanks for that ,GG. In a correction of my former posting where I mentioned that the Notaire would get most of the deposit,"Not true". Although he had already done the majority of work with only the final act of sale to complete,his fee was a very low 516 euros,and we copped the rest. A bonus for the seven months wasted,particularly with the financial problems that onset during that time. As a further note it was pointed out that we were entitled to take him to court for the balance and we had to sign saying we would release him from the contract.I expect the Impots will have it's hand out shortly!!!
Regards.
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

And another one bites the dust. After assuring us that the plot was for a house for his daughter and he wanted to complete very quickly. Appointment with Notaire in 3 days and then the word "Enterprise" cropped up.Turns out he wanted to store and probably dismantle,cars on the plot. No thanks and goodbye. Fortuanately we didn't sign anything. Off to put the advert in AGAIN.Bl--dy timewasters.
Regards