Building Plot close to St.Malo/St.Suliac.

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Gastines

Building Plot close to St.Malo/St.Suliac.

Post by Gastines »

We have a plot of 865 sq.Mtrs..with C.d U. Building permission[subject to your house plans,] between the N137 & D117 halfway between St.Suliac And St Jouan at Les Gastines. Price E70000. Any interest please contact direct.
J&J

Post by J&J »

We've seen this land and it is in a very convenient position for St. Malo and all the local services. Nice neighbours around too!
Judith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

Now Sold.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Well done! The prices there make those in Gascony look a snip though! Does it have views Gastines? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:Well done! The prices there make those in Gascony look a snip though! Does it have views Gastines? :)
Jane,

It’s down to supply and demand. It’s also location, location, location.

A piece of land with planning permission in the Rance valley somewhere between Dinan and Dinard is never going to be cheap particularly when judged by prices in rural Gers. For that matter, even when judged by prices in rural Lot-et-Garonne.

If you or I could move our houses to les Gastine they would be worth a lot more than they are in their present locations.

Alan
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Duly squashed, :wink: but woddayamean
Alan Knighting wrote:For that matter, even when judged by prices in rural Lot-et-Garonne.

Anyway, all that may well gradually change when the economy sorts itself out*, if we can believe press reports!

And the weather of course! :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:Duly squashed, :wink: but woddayamean
Alan Knighting wrote:For that matter, even when judged by prices in rural Lot-et-Garonne.

Anyway, all that may well gradually change when the economy sorts itself out*, if we can believe press reports!

And the weather of course! :roll:
Jane,

I wasn’t squashing and the weather could be better, couldn’t it?

“Woddayamean”? I mean that prices in one area can be very different from those in another. I mean nothing more than that.

Alan
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

Thanks for your good wishes. Regarding price,like every other area in France it seems impossible to have any guide to work from. The many different styles of building,outlook and availability of services and facilities all being a contributary factor. The poly is really a small field,865sq mtrs, behind our house and front garden. I used to be virtually the only person who went into it,or even knew it was there as it is behind a fence and trees. I also had the never ending job of trying to keep it tidy etc. It has the disadvantage of backing onto the N137 but several advantages. 5 minutes from St.Malo/St Suliac,within a few minutes of every possible facility from bunshops [4] doc's,dentist,supermarkets,Dinard,Dinan etc etc. Last but not least ,if you walk out the front gate in front of you are views for miles over the countryside,2-3 mins to the Rance 5mins to a beach, one of many in the area and best,within a few minutes of dozens of restaurants to suit every taste and budget. I'm almost wishing I'd kept it!!!
Regards.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:Does it have views Gastines? :)
Jane,

I think that Gastines has answered your question, in spades.

Alan
Gastines

Post by Gastines »

I would like to add that there was no access to the plot when we bought this house other than through our front garden.I had the bright idea of chopping 4 metres off one side of our plot to make a driveway to the plot. First asked our Maire if he thought it was feasible"Qui" [He is known as Qui-Qui ,as he says yes to everything] Then got a geometre to measure up,put the bornes in and apply for the necessary permissions and CdU,cost approx 1800e, then it saves a lot of aggro for the buyer. I did want to build a house for the daughter/granddaughter on the plot to keep myself occupied now we have finished with the B&B, we have plenty of room for them with us and they can do their share of the housework and washing up etc.
I may add that all things in our house are a joint decision,I always agree with my wife.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Potential to enjoy those views from a future property itself Gastines? And would the land have been even more valuable had it not backed onto what sounds like a busy road?
Alan Knighting wrote:and the weather could be better, couldn’t it?
At the moment, yes - better in Brittany I hear - but that isn't the usual case, which is another reason I'm surprised at the land values. The fact that it's an individual plot of course makes it much more desirable.

Interested in the subject, as we may well downsize and build in our area one day. You'd be paying about that price in SW France if there were wonderful views achievable from the future property I think, but otherwise land is still quite a lot cheaper, going on the (little) research I've done to date.
Gastines wrote:I may add that all things in our house are a joint decision, I always agree with my wife.
:lol:
We posted at the same time. It's much the same arrangement in our house.

BTW, I'm the wife!
J&J

Post by J&J »

Hey, well done you guys! Get the bottle of champagne ready when we come next month. Definitely down to location.
J and J
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jane,
Interested in the subject, as we may well downsize and build in our area one day. You'd be paying about that price in SW France if there were wonderful views achievable from the future property I think, but otherwise land is still quite a lot cheaper, going on the (little) research I've done to date.
Jane,

In our part of the South West of France the price per hectare for agricultural land is understandingly very low. The price per hectare for land with planning permission and a view of sorts is substantially more but it still doesn’t add up to much.
BTW, I'm the wife!
In which case you have the luxury of agreeing with yourself.

Alan
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Alan Knighting wrote:In which case you have the luxury of agreeing with yourself.
:lol: If I disagreed I'd be worried - or someone else would!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:
Alan Knighting wrote:In which case you have the luxury of agreeing with yourself.
:lol: If I disagreed I'd be worried - or someone else would!
Yes and French land prices anywhere outside the Gers are still higher.

Alan