WiFi for guests

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We tried the internet by satellite system. We ending up spending about 1,000 Euros for a system which never worked properly. Eventually we abandonned it and still had to carry on paying the provider until the end of the 12 month contract because the installation was nothing to do with them.
bob_day

Post by bob_day »

Chianti wrote:Bob

Your post made me remember that one can also have an internet service via satellite. I know someone who purchased his satellite dish from Germany, don't know if that point is significant, as they must also be available elsewhere.

Does anyone use this system?

Chianti
A few years ago prior to ADSL being able to reach our home in the UK we had a satellite system from a company called Aramiska. Expensive, huge dish on the side of the house. Worked fine other than the normal quirks of satellite delays and very slow for https.

Abandoned it as soon as ADSL was available.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Bob

Because I had forgotten that my friends were using this system, as their property is a bit isolated, I'll try to remember to ask them whether it works to their satisfaction. I think in some cases it may be the only option.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Chianti