Sale but.....

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.

Post by Ville »

Jimbo wrote:
And we all make them don't we ?
Indeed. When we bought our property, we understood that all the linen for the gites would be include in the price. The previous owner insisted on charging us 600 Euros for it. When we examined the inventory for the gites, the linen wasn't included. How had that happened? It was a complicated transaction and I guess that we'd taken our eye off the ball and paid for the oversight. We were lucky - it could have been something far more serious. One man's oversight is another man's opportunity. Whilst one seller might be generous in such circumstances, another will cheerfully take full advantage. Buyer beware as always.

Jim
Quite right Jimbo, but we have always been pretty moral an dleft all items that relate to the biz (what a larf eh, someone in biz having a conscience and to think, I sold cars for a large part of my working life in the UK and even warranteed a lot of sales myself, who would Adam and Eve it eh) :lol:

I agree, we have always left all linen and in fact, anything whatsoever to do with the commerce, with the sale. And again, we are leaving absolutely everything in this sale. We always do an inventory and always send it well in advance to the buyers so they can study it at leisure. Also, the bonus of that, is that items on this inventory will not attract any fees, Notaires or otherwise. A good saving in this sale of a nice few thousand euros.

Post by Ville »

Sorry A2 but having spoken this morning to two people, one with a company here and another with a very large real estate biz, they both say, there is no way they, or anyone they know, in France or the UK, do all the work on any house sales and not take their proportion from the final sale. I thought that would be the case, after all, you buy the biz as it stands and on what it was, not all the money in the forward sales between an offer and the sale.

We have closed here, so we are not taking any money. We have too much going on with the new house and getting it ready to move in to, to want to open up here. We never generally open anyway until late February or rather, when the school holidays commence and even then, we would normally be in Spain for most of Feb./ sometimes early March.

I will ask him again if he will take over the reservations and I will offer to forward all enquiries to him but I have asked that and they say they are just too busy !

I see what you say that perhaps I should say that I neither have the time and perhaps we will need to employ someone to do the work, good idea, plus the other suggestions with that remark, thanks.

I shall be diplomatic and have a talk tonight, wish me luck as I go, cheerio.....etc. etc

As I have pointed out before, if nothing comes out of it, we will not fall out, I may not be so willing to appear at every whim and call when they need assistance after takeover but hey, you always need two winners to make a good deal....Sure, in that manner I will chalk it up but like the Elephant said, I won't forget....
Let us know how it works out!
I will do, in fact, I am very much looking forward to knowing myself :wink: :lol:
paolo

Post by paolo »

There are not many rules on this forum but number one is:
Be nice! It's fine to attack an opinion but not the person expressing it.
This thread has been moderated to cut out reams of insults - no more please.
Paolo
Lay My Hat