ADSL internet

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
ginelli

ADSL internet

Post by ginelli »

Hi all.

Just bought a small appartment in Ferentino, about an hour from Rome.

I want to install ADSL and I was wondering if anyone can suggest who to use. The appartment doesn't even have a phone line yet and I'd be interested in a package that includes the phone line, internet and telephone calls.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

g
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Gino

It's best to check with the providers to see who is offering the best package for your needs. Also check the speed of the internet service as this may be crucial, I believe Alice is the faster. You may also wish to consider using Skype for your phone needs which will cut down on your phone bills considerably.

This is very general only because there are so many packages offered, you really do need to compare say Alice with Libero and WiFi, if offered locally.

Good luck

Chianti
anmar1

Re: ADSL internet

Post by anmar1 »

gino wrote:Hi all.

Just bought a small appartment in Ferentino, about an hour from Rome.

I want to install ADSL and I was wondering if anyone can suggest who to use. The appartment doesn't even have a phone line yet and I'd be interested in a package that includes the phone line, internet and telephone calls.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

g
Hello
i think I can help , since even if I am italian , I went through hell to have ADSL where I live, in Tuscany.
Step.1 contact the telephone company Telecom, it is the only one you can use to have your first phone connection( there is monopoly in Italy). you can either write or phone(187), I hope you speak some italian, since they do not speak english-
make a fromal request for a phone line.

Step 2 Verify with them if your area is connected with wide band, since there is the possibility that ADSl has not reached your village yet.

Step 3 make formal request for phone and ADSL, pleas keep in mind that since they are the owner of all the connections, for a whole year you will be tied to them.

Step 4 the best contract is Alice all included (phone, extra conncection that means another number)- If I remember it cost about € 30,00 a month ,24 hrs internet free call inside italy to all the fix numbers.

if they do not have ADSL in your area, you can either choose a wireless connection with Vodafone or Tim , or choose ISDN

Very important if your lucky and the wide band has already reached your village( I know Frentillo) keep in mind that you can change supplier only after one whole year not before.

if you need more explanation please do write again. I am becoming an expert.
Anna