round of introductions

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

fredarth wrote:We are situated in rural Ireland in Co. Mayo although my wife is English (Me? I'm Cornish).
Does that mean you're not English then........ :wink: :lol:

Welcome to the forum, hope you hang around and contribute. I see you've got off to a flying start on the fire safety front!
fredarth

Post by fredarth »

My passport says I'm British. Cornwall is cut off from England by the Tamar. Cornwall is Celtic and has it's own language like Scotland, Wales and Eire. We have our own flag and once had our own Parliament.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Oh dear......so the talk of it no longer being referred to as a county of England but a duchy is all true then and the natives don't want to be part of England anymore? :(

Ah well, I just had a lovely holiday there and no-one spoke a foreign language to me anyway!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So, Mebyon Kernow will now be joining forces with Fianna Fáil, Emsav, ETA and Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya to create a Celtic independence movement among holiday renters?

In that case, watch out TripAdvisor!

Oh well, it won't be dull anyway - welcome aboard! :lol:

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
sheesh

Post by sheesh »

I've already posted on LMH and I guess I should have introduced myself earlier - apologies, all!

We (husband & I) moved to the Gironde (our nearest town is Sainte-Foy-la-Grande) from the UK via Finland last year, and opened the gite this year, having done a lot of renovation & re-furb on both the house and the gite. It's never-ending, isn't it?

My last visitors this season are due to leave on Saturday; I thought I'd be more stressed at having people living in my garden, but it's worked out well, as we've only had nice families so far (bet that will change!)

Now I'm looking forward to the next challenge - getting next year's bookings in - and visiting our (grown-up) kids and sibs/parents back in the UK.

So far, if I may say so, LMH seems like a very nice place to hang out - those of you have responded to my posts have been both helpful and friendly, and it's a good feeling!

Sheesh
pandaburgh

Post by pandaburgh »

Hi all :)

I've been a member for a few years now, lost all my login details and decided to start again from scratch!

I have holiday rentals in Edinburgh, love my city and really enjoy the chance to show it off a little bit to visitors from all over the world.

I think I've bumped into a few of you on the HL FB page over the last couple of weeks. I'm still trying to make their systems work for me, and am appreciating all the advice on the forum!

Susan
It's life Jim, but not as we know it
russellt

Post by russellt »

Hello all. My wife & I run a holiday let in Ivybridge, Devon. We are not located in a classic Devon tourism centre, and that brings both challenges and real opportunities.

We've been trading for 7 years using a relatively simple marketing formula. However, the recession has changed all that. The post-recession landscape appears very different. Lots of new entrants, lots of new channels to market, lots of new technologies. Time for change - we have just taken our first online booking through HL - unfortunately with many frustrations during the process.

LMH has been a superb resource for helping us to re-focus our efforts - so, thanks to all past and current contributors.

I have opinions on a wide range of FHL-related topics, but am not as experienced as some. So, something to offer start-ups, yet still much to learn.

Am looking forward to contributing to your forum.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome russellt :)
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Welcome Russell, joining LMH will be the best thing you ever did! I'm in Plymouth just 10 mins down the road :wink:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
aasta

Post by aasta »

Welcome!! :D
LMH is a most wonderful resource!!!
aasta
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Welcome Russell, just a quick comment. When I clicked on your website your first photograph is appearing at a 90 degree angle.

I am viewing on an iPad.

Jennie
russellt

Post by russellt »

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I look forward to contributing.

Jennie: I'll check that. Seems fine on browser. Thx.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Astorchamonix

Hi from The Astor!

Post by Astorchamonix »

Hi everyone,
As we were preparing to rent out our place I spent hours on this forum, a wonderful resource.
Now I've taken the plunge and have joined as a member and hope to pass on some of what we have learnt/are learning along the way.
Laura
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome Laura! You have planted your feet in a very good place :)
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Welcome Laura. Hope you learn as much as I have.