round of introductions

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Big hello Helen. :)
I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne, I think we have a few Northerners around here. If you stick around I'll come up with more terrible Geordie jokes... or maybe not :-)
I love the Alps, used to go to Courchevel 1850 every year snowshoe walking but not the last couple. I'll maybe check your place out when it is finished for next winter.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Soodyer & Brooke....many thanks for the lovely welcome. Better than I've been used to on some forums lately! LOL!

Soodyer, I tried to listen to Bob's songs, but they were in .rmj format? I may be able to get to see him at the 12-Bar gig, as I spend quite some time dahn sarf....

Helen...it's so nice to know I'm not the only ignoramus around the place..... :wink:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

re soundfiles, hmm, I don't know too much about soundfiles as you might guess.Do you think it best if I just put them on as mp3's or another format?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi Sue,

Hmmmm, I've been racking what remains of my brains trying to figure out what a .rmj file is....no idea! So, I guess, yes....mp3 or .wma files would be the most accessible. I'd personally go for .wma as they're smaller in size?

What sort of stuff does Bob do?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu & Syb,

.rmj is a real media file format. To find file format converters take a look at the following Website:-

http://www.audiotoolsdirect.com/

Once there, a search on rmj will offer you a range of available converters.

Like Sue Dyer, I am also from Newcastle upon Tyne but now living in France full time.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'm a strawberry originally from the North of England but lived in the Midlands for years.Children all brought up there.We've had a "gap" year or 2,with much to-ing and fro-ing between the 2 countries.Gap year over for my husband, he's back to the UK grindstone soon- actually from choice!!We feel we're too young to get "buried " in the countryside, I'll carry on "commuting " for a while and we'll just see what shore we get washed up on .When I'm in UK I'm happy there,when I'm in France it's the same so I guess I'm just a fence sitter- and very nice it is too- you get a very good view but a sore b*m !! :wink:
Last edited by Fraise on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

thanks for the converter link. Bob does a mix really, he's classed as alt.country but it is poppy to me and he writes real catchy songs. He also does acoustic folk stuff. He's from Tulsa originally. I met him when he was gigging and gradually inherited the p.r stuff to do!!! Typical bloke, he'll say "we'll have to do a press release" meaning me :)
He fixed up the gig at the 12 Bar next week with John Wesley Harding as they've known each other for some time.
End of plug!!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Alan,

brilliant link. Thanks.

Sue, cheers for the info. I'll try again tonight when I get home from work!
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Hello, My wife and i are originally from Plymouth. We moved to Benalmadena in Spain March 1st last year. We then moved to a quiet Andalucian village on October 1st after a seven month holiday on the coast, that was quite enough of that. We are now very settled and happy. We have also bought and self renovated a two bedroomed town house for holiday rentals, (we hope). We have just managed to arrange and post our own website for the house, with the help of our future son in law. Hope it is ok for a beginner. Enough for now, feedback would be appreciated, thank-you for your time.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Soberano,

Welcome!

I'm sure everyone would be glad to review your website -- have you posted it in the Website Reviews section?
Brooke
fee

Post by fee »

Hi everyone. Chris and I live in Maidenhead, Berkshire and have a rental villa in Kissimmee, Florida. I was an army brat so lived here-there-and-everywhere and Chris was born in Cyprus and brought up in Hong Kong. We have 2 daughers aged 20 and 16 and 2 Old English Sheepdogs and run a bathroom distribution business.

We have owned our villa for 5½ years and were doing pretty well with it until I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and had to have surgery followed by chemo. Kind of threw a spanner in the works all round.

Having had the wake up call we are now actively thinking of selling up in Florida and buying in France with a view to moving over there.

I am slowly making my way through all the old posts - it seems we all have the same hassle wherever our villas are!

Fiona
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Fiona,

Welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer, but it seems like things are going better now, which is great. Property is very hot in the US right now, so hopefully you'll get a good price for your property in Florida if you do decide to sell!

Cheers, and happy browsing!
Brooke
SNOWeSCAPE

Post by SNOWeSCAPE »

Found my way here thanks to HelenB, looks like a really friendly community as well as a great resource! So just to say hi.

After living around Europe on and off through the 70s and 80s, this time we've been in France permanently since 1994, between the Vaucluse area of Provence and the Savoie. We kind of split our time between both.

We do rent out apartments in the Savoie (Bourg St Maurice Les Arcs), but are still wondering what to do about our old farm down south. Can't bear the idea of parting with it, after spending a decade there, but we only get down for a month or two each year now. Really needs constant care and attention! We've kind of made a half-hearted attempt at doing a website with a view to letting out, but haven't promoted it anywhere yet, so it's been empty most of the time.
Last edited by SNOWeSCAPE on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Peter,

Having briefly owned a house near St Romain-en-Viennois, "Lozieu", a few years ago I am interested to see you have a house not far away. Lovely area!

Regards

Alan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Welcome!

Those photos of your farmhouse are stunning -- I love the winter shots especially. :)
Brooke