Are there enough hours in the day to deal with Vistaprint?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu,

Since placing an order with VistaPrint in July of this year I’ve received a marketing e-mail from them every three or four days. I don’t mind that one little bit and if I wanted to I could “unsubscribe�.

Personally, I am a great fan of VistaPrint, I think their products and their services are first class. For the commercial buyer they offer great bespoke products at great prices.

For someone like JLM (Just Little Me) I think their free offers are unbeatable. I can get small runs of all sorts of things for nothing more than the price of postage.

Why should I “look a gift horse in the mouth�?

Alan
Stu

Post by Stu »

I think that's a very fair synopsis Alan. I defy anyone to get the same quality (or better in alot of cases) for the money. I feel left out now, seeing as I get a mail maybe once per month from them!

Can I ask though, do you deal with the UK, or France? Because I believe the French site is cheaper still than the UK.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu wrote:Can I ask though, do you deal with the UK, or France? Because I believe the French site is cheaper still than the UK.
I ordered through the UK site and as a result I also get the occasional e-mail from the French site. I must admit I haven't done a comparison on the prices but at least the postage would be lower from the French site.

Alan
Jenni C

Post by Jenni C »

I totally echo Alans comments about VistaPrint, we also ordered for the first time in July (in fact Alan are you sure you're not me?!) pick & choose your free stuff & ignore what you don't need. MOH & I now look an absolute picture doing the changeovers in our free VistaPrint "gite Gorvello" t-shirts :shock:
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

So, how come none of you have been victims of their credit card scam? When I signed up the only way to get 'off' their website was to give VISA card details and allow them to debit my 'membership' fees.

I eventually got through to them and got the whole lot refunded but after doing a Google search it would seem hundreds of people got stung for the same thing.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jason W wrote:So, how come none of you have been victims of their credit card scam?
I didn't know they had one and if they do I haven't been stupid enough to fall for it, so far.

Alan
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

Its not a question of stupidity, its a question of not being able to place the order until the tick box has been completed.

:roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jason W wrote:Its not a question of stupidity, its a question of not being able to place the order until the tick box has been completed.

:roll:
What tick box? The one where you confirm your order? The one where you choose your payment method? Please explain, please be specific. Where on the VistaPrint web site is the “credit card scam”?

Alan
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

A tedious thing I find is that I respond to one of their free offers and by the time I've ploughed my way through the order, copy, images, all that stuff, the free offer has faded. So choice is to abandon, after a wasted half hour, or go ahead and pay through the nose.

Has anyone found a way of ordering simple 1/3 A4 compliment slips from them?

I've suggested and asked but never had a reply, but of course they have 10,999,999 other customers to deal with.

MG
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

There are variations on the theme but the one where I lost out was where my credit card details were passed to VP Rewards.
Vistaprint’s basic offering is something for nothing so I’m interested to know, how did you lose out on that?

I’m still waiting for an answer to “What tick box?” and “Where on the VistaPrint web site is the “credit card scam”?” People need to be aware of these things, if they exist.

Alan
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

Alan, if you click on those URLs I posted above you can read for yourself the various ways people have been either duped or misled into 'signing up' for VPRewards.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's nothing free on Vistaprint, - take a look at some of the imaginative 'postage' charges, but hey, I'm not complaining; too much.

MG
Jason W

Post by Jason W »

The quality of the product is alright but its the misleading way they present themselves which I didn't like, apart from the VPRewards saga.

As you say, their 'free' product quickly turns into a costly one once shipping costs etc have been taken into account.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jason,

I’ve ordered business cards and office stamps from Vistaprint knowing full well that I would have to pay for the postage and I’m perfectly happy with that.

I was already a recipient of their “ought for nought” offer so I didn’t take it any further. I am never persuaded by any “rewards” systems so I didn’t tick the box which appears to have so attracted you.

Alan