Websites on moving abroad or buying abroad?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
sazzleevans

Websites on moving abroad or buying abroad?

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good websites that give tips and information on moving abroad or buying abroad?.. I am buying a property in Costa de la Luz.

I have found quite a good site if anyone is interested
lingo-link.com

Many thanks

SARAH :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sarah,

There's tons of them. Here's just a few you could try:-

aboutspain.net
red2000.com
idealspain.com
spain-info.com
spainexpat.com
tourspain.co.uk
survivalbooks.net
tuspain.com
typicallyspanish.com

Alan
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Alan

Thanks for the information.

I am creating a website for people thinking of moving to Costa de la Luz. Its a sort of marketing ploy for my apartment but one that I would like to be of help for people thinking of moving abroad.

If you think of any more you have found of particular use let me know.

Thanks for posting a reply.

Sarah
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Sarah,another good site is www.holiday-truth.com. There is an ex pats and owners abroad forum on this site.
Stephen.
Last edited by Scaff on Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the info. I have had a look at the site and it is very good. I may welll include it on my site. THANKS!

I am looking for sites that maybe difficult to find on the search engine.

I am thinking of including

lingo-link.com
radioislcristina.com
tourspain.co.uk
typicallyspanish.com/news.htm
whereheartsmeet.com
mjsolicitors.com
survivalbooks.net

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

SARAH :D
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Sarah,had a look at the websites,and found them intresting also had a look at you'r owen web site for you'r apartment and thought it was first class,you seem to have put a lot of work in to it and it's done realy well,it certanly keeps you intrested.
If you dont mind me asking did you do put it together you'r self,the reason i'm asking is I will be getting a web site made for my owen place in Denia,compleation date November and think I could lern a thing or two from you.
Stephen.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Stephen

I would love to claim responsibility for the site but a collegue put it together for me. I gave him the colour, style, text and all of that and he simply transferred it onto the net.

I intend to do a big revamp on it next month. I need to inlcude photos of the apartment and my plan is to have a section on people who can whilst your on holidays.

I am going over next week to photograph the letting agent, the driver, the spanish teacher etc who I am going to promote on my site. I am hoping to make it more personal.

My aim with my second site is to promote local information for people buying or thinking of buying in the area. I will use this site to promote my apartment and hopefuly if they go over for inspections they will book my place.

If you want to bounce some ideas off me then send me a pm. I could give you my blokes details if your interested. Hes very reasonable.

Thanks for replying to my post.

Sarah
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Sarah,that would be great.I have not put a lot of thought in to a web site yet because the apartment is not ready yet but the same could have been said for you'r place but you seem to be well on top of thing's.The developer that is building our place has a good web site for our complex and I was going to help my self to some of there ideas and tex.The developers web site for my place is grupo-sanchez.com. click on developments and click Denia,if you get a chance have a look and let me know if you think it would be an idea to use some of there stuff.
Stephen.
Last edited by Scaff on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stephen,

It's a nice looking site with some interesting features. Same goes for the apartments but, no prices. Wonder why. I certainly would not follow up on a rental property site which did not contain prices up front.

Alan
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Alan, the web site in question is just the developers web site for sales purpose only not for rentals i'm just thinking about useing some of there material for my owen web site.
Stephen.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stephen,

Accepted but, why does the developer not mention prices in his "sales" website? The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't follow up on renting or buying unless the price is stated up-front and openly. In my opinion no stated price probably means you get the bad news later on.

Alan
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Stephen

The place your buying looks great. To me buying off plan was a bit of a thrill. I had always thought about doing it and then I did!

The website has been up and running for a few months but to be honest it does put lots of people off booking, and who could blame them when the aparment is not finished but this way it gives to time to get feedback and update your site so when you are ready to go its all in place.

So far I have had four weeks of bookings from it and I think by next week that will have gone up to six. So it does pay off in the end.

Have you seen any site that have going you lots of ideas?

SARAH
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hello again Alan,I know what you mean but to be fair to the developer I think that they have got another webste for sales of the Denia project I think the web site that we are all looking at is just the company's main site.
Sarah, to be honest I never thought about setting up the web site untill compleation but after looking at you'r site I think it's a great idea to set it up before compleation for lots of reasons.
My place wont be ready untill November of this year and the program is running on time so it would be for the start of the 2006 season that I would be aiming at so I dont think that I would worry about it not being ready on time,as for ideas I got loads from you site,so I think I will start to think about it now.
Not to sure how to go about setting the whole thing up and the cost if it's ok with you i'll send you a pm and you could fill me in where to start.
Stephen.
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Sarah did you get my pm.
Stephen.
mario

Post by mario »

This is a brilliant website for spanish owners or those thinking of moving or holidaying in Andalucia,especially the forums.

andalucia.com