Good quality accommodation and service needed

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Margaret

Good quality accommodation and service needed

Post by Margaret »

We are often asked by American guests in particular if we can recommend places in other parts of Europe, especially ones which offer similar quality and service to us.
We have never stayed in such places (we developed our apartments and service to provide everything we have not found in other properties!), so we are unable to help.
If you think you qualify (and are able to take flexible bookings - few Americans will do full weeks, Saturday to Saturday because they are touring), let me know. We want to build up a list of suitable properties.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

Margaret, we may well take you up on this when the darn thing is finished!!
Air Berlin fly from Nurnburg to Malta for about E99 including tax!
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Margaret. Our place is ideal for a couple touring round Europe, we're in Southern French Alps. It is up to you whether you think we are suitable or not. All towels and bed-linen included. Although we have Sun-Sun arrival in the high season, we are fully flexible outside of that, although there is a minumum charge of three nights rental. There is a pool suana and hammam (weekends only outside of high season), and skiing in winter, walking and climbing in summer. Historical sites in nearby Briancon, and a new luxury thermal spa opening in the village in the next few months. Our apartment manager can advise (and possibly even arrange) excursions, and all ski arrangement in winter. Additional services we can arrange include a 'Chef at Home service, and shopping delivery (winter only). Just have a look at our website and blog.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

We have never stayed in such places
Well, I beleive that this forum offers plenty of owners with just such places. However, one man's meat is another man's poison, so to speak, so it might be an idea to check out properties in areas that you are interested in and ask the owner if they are interested in what you suggest, they might even wish to provide a link to your properties if they feel in turn that they are happy to recommend you.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Margaret, you must have stayed somewhere that you weren't disappointed with. But Party's right, we all try on here to go the 'extra mile' for our guests.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Everyone going the extra mile for their guests does not quite square with the complaints in another thread about guests with hotel mentality.
We are looking for owners with hotel mentality, matching cutlery, matching china, fluffy towels, welcome packs and a fair bit more.....
There must be lots of LMH members who fit the bill, but obviously not all.
And yes, we would visit to inspect!
We have stayed in many self catering places over several decades and none of them have come anywhere near. Just bad luck maybe.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Margaret, can I respectfully suggest that you read Sue's recent topic in the member's section.

enid

Post by enid »

matching cutlery, matching china, fluffy towels, welcome packs and a fair bit more.
Well that's us but I don't think I've got the hotel mentality you're looking for - it's far too laid back here I think.

Perhaps LMHers who think that they have the product Margaret is looking for could pm her about it .
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Oh please, Margaret, give us a break. There is no 'standard' to which holiday homes have to conform, there are different markets and different nationalities out there and some of us do, believe it or not, manage to let very successfully without necessarily providing the things that you consider to be so important.
Different guests have different priorities.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Thank you. Exactly the point I was trying to make and doing very badly. If people ask me to recommend places like ours, I try to find some, in order to help them. That's it. Other people provide accommodation at a price and for a market and they and their guests are perfectly happy and that's fine. Variety being the spice of life and definitely of holidays. I am sorry one and all that it took someone else to say, consisely, what I have failed to make clear myself.
I shall withdraw for a while. It is a special talent to post clearly on these forums. One of many talents which I don't posses. Cos people are all different too!
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

If people ask me to recommend places like ours, I try to find some, in order to help them.
That is absolutely fine Margaret, no problem at all. However you seem to imply that yours is the 'gold standard' and I am sure to you and many of your guests it is just that. What I think you miss is that there is a possiblility that others might not agree and some others again, who feel, along with their guests that theirs is the 'gold standard' but it is not terribly polite or friendly to suggest such a thing.

I'm sure you have much to contribute, so maybe we should start over.

Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Thank you. Exactly the point I was trying to make and doing very badly. If people ask me to recommend places like ours, I try to find some, in order to help them. That's it. Other people provide accommodation at a price and for a market and they and their guests are perfectly happy and that's fine. Variety being the spice of life and definitely of holidays. I am sorry one and all that it took someone else to say, consisely, what I have failed to make clear myself.
I shall withdraw for a while. It is a special talent to post clearly on these forums. One of many talents which I don't posses. Cos people are all different too!
But sorry Margaret, I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

Bobby
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Margaret,
please don't withdraw. It's just the way you posted just implied that unless people offered what you do, their accommodation is inferior and sub standard. If you had perhaps phrased it differently, for example,
"I'm looking for similar accommodation to mine for the type of clients my property attracts, because Amerian guests often expect hotel standards even in self catering accommodation"
I wouldn't have taken umbrage.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

If anyone is interested perhaps they could email me.

Thanks
Last edited by Margaret on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Anyone got a cigarette?