Bank charges in Spain

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
reddevil

Bank charges in Spain

Post by reddevil »

Can anybody suggest a reasonable bank in Spain where I can pay my mortgage (at a low rate, of course) and get some interest on my savings? Also, do all banks charge for depositing money in your own account!!??
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Hi

I bank with "Solbank" also known as "Banco Sabadell" which used to be part of the UK Nat West bank. They are very used to dealing with British customers. I think there are only charges if your account goes under a certain amount every month.

Good luck

Linda :)
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any e-mail or fax for your bank so I can contact them to ask about mortgage rates and savings rates?

My bank is BBVA and they give me 0% on savings and chrge about 0.35% of any money I transfer into the account with a minimum of 12 Euros.

Thanks
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Hi again

Take a look at their webite www.solbank.es which will have all the informtion you need. If not, let me know and I will send you my branch number in Malaga.

Regards

Linda
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Linda,

Spot on - thanks for the info, I have e-mailed them for more information and think it will be a better deal than I have at the moment.

Thanks.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi

We use Banco Halifax. We can view our current account on-line and they charge 16 euros per quarter if the account goes below 600 euros. No charges to transfer money from a UK halifax account, not sure of internal spanish transfers though.

www.halifax.es

Hope this helps! Am.