Great Cleaning tip - UK product found!!!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Looks like we could teach Kim and Aggie a thing or two!

Ruth :lol:
gh

Post by gh »

Kipz wrote: I get the horrid orange stains in my shower.
We get this too at home in our shower, is it on the panels and tiles?
If it is it is likely to be coming from all things used in the shower, shampoo, conditioner, soap etc. The way I get rid is using the 'starwax' shower spray. Spray and leave for an hour or so, wipe inside the cubicle with a green padded foam sponge and voila all gone.
Mould is another ballgame.

Helen
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Helen,

Mine seems to be just on the mastic around the shower tray.

It could be due to the amount of 'products' used. My kids seem to live in the shower, twice a day each at least.

Definately going to try it.

Ruth
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Rosbif wrote:Can anyone else trying it take some "before" and "after" pics for us all to see!!!
Well.... Actually I did take "before" and "after" photos but I didn't post them on here because I didn't want to admit, even to myself, what a saddo I seem to have become in my old age :oops: :oops: :oops: Fancy spending my time taking photos of mouldy showers. I REALLY do need to get out more....

(Also, I was a bit embarrassed that I could have left my shower to get to such a disgusting state in the first place.....)

But, as you've asked, I suppose I may as well reveal them.

Before:

After:
(OK, a couple of bits still need to have another application).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

All this bleach and chlorine is not good for the environment though. I can't use it anyway, allergic.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Wow NC!!! Made me laugh a lot :lol:

Looks pretty damn good though I must say, I am more than tempted now.

Thanks for sharing your photos, I will take some too when I buy it and share mine so you don't feel so embarrassed!!

Carole xx
gh

Post by gh »

Wow what a difference the cleaner has made NC.

Is this your shower in the Uk or France?

I ask as perhaps the heat may have make a difference to how mould grows. We do get it in France where the temperature and climate is warmer, 'starwax' shower spray gets rid of it.

Home in Scotland we don't seem to get mould, more yellow coloured scum, on the tiles and glass doors of the shower cubicle, accumulating from the products we use in the shower, good old 'tesco bathroom spray bleach' and a green spongie pad used all over will work wonders.

Helen
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

wow I'm really impressed. Glad I ordered some. I had thought that I should take photos but was embarrassed by the state my shower had got into and I wondered if the stuff would actually get rid of it. My shower has got about the same amount of black stuff...it's impossible to shift by ordinary means though, it's like it's embedded into the silicone seal.

Now that I have seen your pics, I have got really high hopes of a sparkling shower...

will let you know how i get on and may even treat you all to some pics...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Sunflower wrote:Is this your shower in the Uk or France?
Puh-leeeze! Do you really think I would let out my house with a shower in such a state????!!!!

No, I just have cr*p grouting in France instead :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pslack/photo ... btiles.htm
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums ... wPost.aspx
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh NC :) ..

Made me laugh out loud :!:
..thanks for that Priceless :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gh

Post by gh »

Do dear NC, I was thinking that, if it was your rental place, it happened whilst vacant over winter.

Didn't mean to suggest anything, :) ok I'll get my coat.

Helen
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Sunflower wrote:Didn't mean to suggest anything
It's OK Helen! Please don't get your coat!!!!!

I took it in the spirit it was intended! I make no secret of the fact that our rental property is 10 times tidier and cleaner than our own home :lol: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

NC - did you sort out the problems with the French tiling?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Yes and No.

We have the clcv.org behind us, they've been brilliant in helping us to sort this out. (clcv being the French consumer association).

But it can't be done until the end of the season, as we have back-to-back bookings now all the way through to the autumn. But the tiles will be replaced on 12-13 November....

In the meantime we've left a dossier at the house documenting the whole sorry affair because we don't want all our renters to think we are cheapskates who had a go at doing our own botched tiling job! :lol:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I think that was a good idea Daisy.

Your renters will understand that this sort of thing can happen, I'm sure they will sympathise with your plight, just as we do. After all it doesn't inconvenience them in any way, they can still take a shower.

Can't wait for the 'after' pictures :lol:

Ruth