Great Cleaning tip - UK product found!!!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

oops,I feel I should point out that our 'mouldy' shower is the one at home too; like NC, the one in spain is pristine, it's my own home where everything goes to rack and ruin...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
gh

Post by gh »

Normandy Cow wrote:
Sunflower wrote:Didn't mean to suggest anything
It's OK Helen! Please don't get your coat!!!!!

I took it in the spirit it was intended! I make no secret of the fact that our rental property is 10 times tidier and cleaner than our own home :lol: :lol:
Smashing NC thank you. :)

Helen
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Nightowl, has your product turned up and do you have a sparkling shower now???

:) :)
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Yep, it has turned up. I was away on my hollies last week so i only had a chance to use it this weekend. It has lightened it a fair bit after about 5 applications and I'm going to keep going over it because I think maybe now it has started bleaching out the mould it might get lighter every time I do it. Its not hard work though, I've just sprayed it and let it dry and then respray. I took some before pics so I will post the before and afters when it has had a chance to work a bit more....
Nightowl
backwards......
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Nightie :) ..Hope you had a nice time on ya Hols :) good to see ya back though :wink: :)
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Thanks so much for this tip - I've just cleaned my shower and it's amazing and needed minimum effort on my part - my type of cleaning!!

I got my spray from Lakeland in case anyone has a branch near them.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Now this product has been mentioned in the "tried and tested" thread I thought I'd post my feedback as well.

Our shower (at home) had some very persistent black mould that seemed to be embedded into the silicone. NOTHING would shift it. I tried the HG spray and at first it seemed like it wasn't going to work either. but I persisted and gradually it got lighter and lighter and now it has almost gone. So I am very impresssed. It didn't need any scrubbing etc, just persistent applications over a matter of weeks.

But it was excellent on less 'ingrained' mould, like on the tile grout, that came off in just one quick spray and wipe off 10 mins later.

So I am impressed with this product. I did take some 'before' pics, will try and remember to dig them out and post them with some 'after' ones.
Nightowl
backwards......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I used it too, excellent stuff, and no need to find a Lakeland, Homebase keep loads of it.
Pengman

Re: Great Cleaning tip - UK product found!!!

Post by Pengman »

It's been 15 years since HG Mould Spray was reviewed but I'm pleased to report that it's still available and our cleaner says (and I quote) "it's bloody marvelous tbh". After two applications virtually all the black mould on the mastic has gone (just two small black dots left) and she's convinced it will all disappear after the next application. I also bought a spray which you apply after you've got rid of the mould which claims to stop it returning (the two are sold together as a pack). So i'm well chuffed! A good demo of the value of this site too.
I came, I saw, I bought it.