Great Cleaning tip - UK product found!!!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Normandy Cow

Great Cleaning tip - UK product found!!!

Post by Normandy Cow »

Following on from the "Great Cleaning Tip" thread ( viewtopic.php?t=4505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 ), I thought I'd start a new thread so that my news doesn't get lost in the quagmire!

I THINK I'VE FOUND THE UK EQUIVALENT!!!

We had really yucky black mould all over the silicone sealant in our (UK) shower. (Our French house is a million times cleaner than our own home :oops: ). I'd tried all sorts of things, Cif power spray, Cilit Bang, etc etc but nothing worked so I started nagging my OH to replace the silicone sealant.

He went off to the hardware shop and came back with a bottle of "HG Mould Spray" http://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/aca ... Spray.html
I was really dubious because I was convinced that the mould was underneath and within the silicone and that it was impossible to shift.

But, amazingly, it worked!!! Had to do about 3 - 4 applications, just sprayed it on and left it for 30 minutes then rinsed off. But what a difference! My shower looks so clean!!!!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Was it a local hardware store NC? Can you buy it B&Q or places like that?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

BagPuss wrote:Can you buy it B&Q or places like that?
I don't know. Paul bought it from our little local hardware shop.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Daisy :lol:

That looks good, reading the blurb it says it bleaches the mould, what does that mean? Is the mould still there but you can't see it? I don't really care, as long as I can't see it, I'm happy. I get the horrid orange stains in my shower. Hubby is ordered to replace sealant every six months. He will love you forever if this works!!! lol

Ruth
enid

Post by enid »

I'm happy to think of oyu in the Uk with a shower as clean as mine in France :) - and yes the giotes are cleaner than our part of the property - I'll have to do a big clean up next week as a VIP LMH guest is coming!!!!!
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Ohh, Who is it Enid?
:lol:
Ruth
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

BP I can happily annouce that you can buy this in Spain!! :lol: As funnily enough I saw it last week in a Ferreteria...in fact they had the whole range of their products. I was trying to find something to get cement of tiles :shock: and this range do a product that does that.
thanks NC for letting us know it works!!!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I have decided to use Multi Panel http://www.multipanel.co.uk/ as I hate having to re-grout the tiles and replace the silicon sealant, multi panel will make it much easier & quicker for the cleaner, its about £85 + vat for an 8"x4" T&G board but will be worth it, it comes in loads of colurs

It is ideal for showers and the guy tells me you can install it on top of the tiles. I dont know why I didnt use this in the first place :cry:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

BP I can happily annouce that you can buy this in Spain!!
Mousie you have made a totally horrible day ...suddenly end nicely! :D

(another item to add to my retail therapy list! :lol: )
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Stephen,

I have seen this stuff before and thought what a great product. But I worry it may look a bit like a caravan bathroom, No offence, you know those all in one plastic jobbies?

Have you seen it installed, I never have and would be interested to know how it looks.

Would be a perfect solution if it looks ok. I presume they still need some sealant around the tray though, which is the main problem area.

Ruth
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Ruth
I know what you mean but the choices of colours and finishes is amazing, we have had some in our shower cubilce at home for about 5 years and it still looks good
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Quote:
BP I can happily annouce that you can buy this in Spain!!

Thanks Mousie do you know what shops...I will get some when Im there in a few weeks :wink:[and thanks for cheering BP up... :wink: :) Bless her....What a time shes had :!:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I've seen it in the Ferreteria (hardware shop) and also in the DIY place - they're on a special stand thats for the HG products.

good luck!
Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

thank you for that link NC, I bought some straightaway, we have some mould in our shower at home and I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. Wanted to try the other recommended product but hadn't got around to looking for it in the UK, but if this one does the job, I'm not wasting any more time.

I read your post, clicked the link and bought it!!! The postage is quite expensive (£3.95) but once I'd got it in perspective (no traipsing around the shops for hours, paying for parking etc and for the sake of easy peasyness, it's worth it......

They'll probably have a big run on it now.....

Looking forward to a nice clean shower seal again....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Hmmm thinking of making a purchase, our black mould is on the rubber bit at the bottom of the shower screen that goes between the screen and the bath if you know what I mean. I guess this is not actually silicone (or is it?! :?). I have tried all sorts of mould cleaner so am sceptical about splashing out on anything else, however, this sounds like miracle cleaner.

Will be interested to see some other positive results, then maybe I will be convinced to make a purchase!!

Can anyone else trying it take some "before" and "after" pics for us all to see!!!

Carole :wink: :)