vacation villas?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
sazzleevans

vacation villas?

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I have just bought an apartment is Isla Canela, Costa de la Luz and am after some advise on rental site. I have just gone onto holiday-rentals.com books and am looking at vacationvillas.com. Has anyone used them in Spain? Or can you recommend another site that you have had results with?

SARAH :?:
oskar

Post by oskar »

Hi Sarah

I assume you mean vacationvillas.net

Personally, I think you'd be far better off advertising on ownersdirect.co.uk You can get 3 months free there too!

BTW, I'm not too sure about you getting too many bookings whilst your apartment is unfinished. Knowing Spanish 'finish dates', it would put me off renting it until I knew it was finished and furnished, and the builders had moved off site.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Thanks for the advise. I am trying to make sure I have bookings for the summer as May seems a bit too close to be advertising for rentals in August ?

The apartment is on track. I have a contact in Spain whos been sending photos over and theres a clause in the contract that gives compensation for an overdue completition.

I agree with you thought to many people this could put them right off!!!!! I am just thinking that if I put it on the site now and then update it in June when its furnished I havent paid that much extra on advertising and I might also gt one or two bookings on the way?
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Hi Sarah

I agree with Oskar, I would be very wary about advertising a property that was not ready for rental. They may pay you compensation for late completion but where would that leave your guests? It won´t do much for your reputation if you have to cancel because the property they thought they had rented has not actually been finished yet!

On another note, I think the best property rental sites for Spain are www.holiday-rentals.com & costavacations.com. I have been renting out properties on the Costa del Sol for the past 4 years and have advertised on many different sites, but now I just stick to these two as they are the best in my opinion.

Good luck!

Linda :D
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Linda
Thanks for your advise. I have given myself three months over the completition date before accepting bookings so I am very confident that it will be ready but I appreciate that guests willl most probably to hard to find because of these concerns.

Take care

SARAH
oskar

Post by oskar »

Also the fact that they can't see what they're getting. Photographs get you the booking.

Remember, Sarah, it's not just your apartment that needs to be finished. You need the builders off site as well, but I'm sure you understand that.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Yes. Thats all I seem to think about lately. Thanks for the advise. I appreciate it!

Sarah 8)
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Sarah, I am in the same situation as you and there is a clause for the place not being on time but you normaly find out it will not kick in unless the place runs over bt 4 to 6 month
Stephen.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I have a friend based in the town where my apartment is being builT who is keeping an eye on things and according to him it seems almost finished.

I know almost is a big word but they have still got till may to finish off andI am not renting it out until August.

Have you started advertising yet?

SARAH
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hello again Sarah,My place is in Denia and we boght our place off plan June 2003 with a compleation date November 2005 olso with a claus, our place too seems to be running to program,as I said there is a clause but only after 6 month. We started looking for a good agent to market our place soon after we bought and found one,each time we go over we make a point of meeting up for lunch and getting an update on the current market.The first phase of our complex is ready next month and we have rented an apartment in their in August but again the appartment that we are renting is not complete yet and the owners are advertising it so it works but still can be risky.Best wishes,Stephen.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I've been on holiday-rentals since December and got a lot of enquiries, by February my house was totally booked up for the summer, plus a lot of enquiries for other dates, some of which turned into bookings. It's more difficult in Costa Luz to pick up the low season bookings, particularly if you have a communal pool because communal pools have to have lifeguards and are therefore only open typically from mid June to Mid September.

My house is in a golf resort, as is yours and I noticed there were a lot of german golfers in the area so I went on vacationvillas.net about mid July 05 in the hope of getting some golf bookings from the german market. The Costa de La Luz seems to be pretty popular as a holiday destination in Germany - I see far more German tourists there than english ones, and virtually all the golfers and cyclists are German.

I think Isla Canela is pretty similar to Novo Sancti Petri.

Vacation villas do 2 listings, one in English and one in German on their sister site Fewo-direkt. They do the translation for you but summarise your english ad, not a word for word ad. I've had about 5 or 6 enquiries from German enquirers, about the same number of enquiries as I've had since Jly really from holiday-rentals. Although none so far have turned into all important bookings. Don't know if they are put off by my lousy German, I have to run my replies through a translation programme so I keep them in very simple terms to avoid strange sounding errors in translation.

So I'll be interested to see how my house fares on vacationvillas once we hit November/December which is the time when most well organised people seem to start thinking about their holidays. So I'd say that if you think your area is of particular interest to German tourists, that's one good reason for putting your property on vacationvillas.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Thanks for this, knightowl - I've been trying to find Fewo-direkt, having forgotten its name. Its site is modelled on H-R (who actually worked with them on it), so I'm hoping it is good.
Best,
Alexia.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Have you seen www.costa-luz-holiday.com It's specifically for that area.

I've been listed with them since January and most of my bookings have come from there. It has been free as it was a new site but thats about to change anytime.

It's got loads of information on the area so that probably helps to sell it.
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

I am glad to confirm that free advertising on the above site www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com has been extended until at least 14 November 2005.

I am glad you are enjoying the site and thanks for your lovely comments I am really glad it is working for you.
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz