How long is the swimming pool usage season???

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

800 euros per season
What! :shock: Where on earth are they buying their chemicals from?

I'd check that out...just to make sure you're not being taken for a ride!

To give you a comparison...we have our pool maintenance done by professionals (Spanish run company). They come twice a week and I pay them 90 euros a month (including IVA and all chemicals!)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Italian Fever wrote: So we're expecting our costs to be around that, PLUS maintenance, which is being charged at 100 euros a month - which I don't think is too bad.
Goodness, I'm glad I live on site and am able to do my own maintenance! My spending on chemicals is around 150 - 200€.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Alan Knighting wrote: It was a steep learning curve but by Saturday morning I produced a pool which had the appearance of London Gin.
Fluffy
Now, if you could produce a pool with the taste of London Gin, I think you'd be onto a winner! :lol:
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

I'd book! :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Now, if you could produce a pool with the taste of London Gin, I think you'd be onto a winner!
I wouldn't even bother with holiday rentals.. .I'd be bottling the stuff and selling it! :wink: :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Crystal wrote:
Now, if you could produce a pool with the taste of London Gin, I think you'd be onto a winner!
I wouldn't even bother with holiday rentals.. .I'd be bottling the stuff and selling it! :wink: :lol:
Right on!

Fluffy
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Italy has no natural resources for fuel and buys much of its electricity in from France and Switzerland.

Some years ago there was a referendum to decide whether nuclear stations should be built and being that Chernoble was still fresh in everyone's minds, it was overwelmingly defeated. The funny thing is that France & Switzerland then built nuclear stations around the borders and of course this is where the electricity comes from. So we pay more for our electricity and would be glowing in the dark anyway if there was an accident!

Italian logic for you (sorry anmar1).
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
jdabney

Post by jdabney »

Alan, going back some time to near the beginning of this thread, I thought I would try your option of not emptying the pool and just giving it a darned good clean, chloro blast, etc and we have a perfect clean pool. Thanks, you saved me loads of hassle and time waiting for the thing to fill.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

jdabney wrote:Alan, going back some time to near the beginning of this thread, I thought I would try your option of not emptying the pool and just giving it a darned good clean, chloro blast, etc and we have a perfect clean pool. Thanks, you saved me loads of hassle and time waiting for the thing to fill.
I'm tickled pink. It's so nice to know that I've been of some help.

Alan
anmar1

How long is the opening season for the swimming pool?

Post by anmar1 »

Hi to you all. we are in the center of Tuscany, chianti area gallo nero and Chianti aretino, since the last two year ( even if on the web we wrote that the pool will be open from May till September) it has been so hot, that we opened it on April and closed it at the end of October, if the weather stay like this, this year will be the same.
and I was thinking to install some energy saver pool heater!!!
Maybe I will do it so people will be able to use it, even durng winter time, like at the Spa up north where I came from.

Ciao
Anna