Costa Blanca North - Interiors Shops

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Amanda

Costa Blanca North - Interiors Shops

Post by Amanda »

I have just bought a rental property in Moraira which is furnished but I need to find shops where I can buy nice but reasonably priced accessories. Candles, Mirrors, Throws etc. I only know of one, Casa in Calpe. Can anyone recommend any others in the region???
johntaylor

furnishing

Post by johntaylor »

Hi Amanda,
Try the shops in Denia, in the middle of the town. I think you'll find them a lot better than those anywhere else in this area. Good hunting!!
John
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Iv'e olso bought a place(Denia)my place was off plan so i have to furnish the whole place from scatch,I have set aside £10,000 for that purpose although my wife think's we will need more.Has anyone already had to furnish a place from scatch that could give me an idea of cost.
Regards,Stephen.
Tom's the name

Post by Tom's the name »

Scaff wrote:Iv'e olso bought a place(Denia)my place was off plan so i have to furnish the whole place from scatch,I have set aside £10,000 for that purpose although my wife think's we will need more.Has anyone already had to furnish a place from scatch that could give me an idea of cost.
Regards,Stephen.
Are you looking to rent the property? If so then as long as you are prudent I would say £10,000 is sufficient. If it is for personal use only then it really does depend how expensive your taste is.

I am quite new to the rental market abroad but I have many friends who have been in the business for years and no matter how respectabel your visitors are you will need to replace furniture and fittings more often than in your won home. I went for quality 'budget' furniture.
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi Tom ,my place will be mostly for renting,I have looked at buying the furniture over here in the uk from IKEA and transporting it over and could do it that way for about £8,000 but it's a bit of a hassel.I am going over in August to buy furniture and thing's for our place that will be ready in October(i hope) so I am trying to get an idea of what to expect.
Regards,Stephen.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Aren't there IKEA branches in Spain? That would save you some shipping costs if you were planning to shop there.

If you are, though, be careful -- if you pick carefully their furniture can look classy, but mostly it looks like budget furniture. Others will also tell you that one of the best ways to stand out is to furnish your rental property as you would if you lived in it, not as though you expect the furniture to be ruined every season.

(We have some stuff from Ikea in our property, but mostly we bought it in cities that aren't too far from our town.)
Brooke
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Has anyone already had to furnish a place from scatch that could give me an idea of cost.
Hi Stephen

I have properties on the Costa del Sol so not sure how helpful I can be but as least we´re in the same country! In this region we are spoilt for choice with furniture & interiors shops. The larger stores even offer packages to furnish your home for you starting from 5000 euros. You have not said how large your property is, however I would imagine that even if it were a 3 bedroom property, 10k sterling would be more than enough to furnish & accessorize it without having to sacrifice quality.

Good Luck!
Linda
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi folks and thank's for the input,on the question of shoping at IKEA in Spain the nearest one to me is Madrid,I did look at doing it that way but i'm not sure I want the stress of driving there so i'm now looking at buying round about.My appartment is a 2 bedroom and you'r right although it's mostly for renting I do want the place to be nice I think it's what people expect, I know through personal experience i do so thats' good to know that £10,000 is in the right ball park.
Regards,Stephen.
Amanda

Interiors shops in CB North

Post by Amanda »

Hi

Thanks for the idea of Denia John, shall be popping over there at Easter to have a look!

On the subject of furnishing in general I have discovered that both Oka Direct and John Lewis will deliver to Spain albeit obviously you have to ensure someone will be there to receive!!

We have gone for some nice basics from a shop in Benissa (Martinez) and are going to add cheaper pieces from local shops and markets we think. Have our first booking so better get it sorted!!
Thanks Again! Am.
johntaylor

Shopping in Denia

Post by johntaylor »

Hi Amanda,
One shop I can recommend in Denia is Ale-Hop, used to be called Clave
John
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi John,is this shop just at the side of the castle
Stephen.
johntaylor

Shopping

Post by johntaylor »

Hi Stephen,
You've got it!
Face down Marques de Campo in Denia towards the sea, and there are a fair number of really nice interior shops off to the right in the smaller streets.
If you want pine furniture, there is an English chap in Gata de Gorgos -"DiscountPine" ( it's at the bottom end of the main road through Gata going towards Teulada on the left hand side )- not great quality, but good enough for rental properties.
John
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hello again John,I'm going back over in August to pick furniture but I have decided to do it with the aftersales just to try to make thing's stress free although I will take a look at the places you mentiond,i've been in Denia five times now but never botherd to look for furniture shops,cheers John.
Stephen.
sue c

Post by sue c »

Hi Scaff, If you're looking for furniture for rentals, then you should have a look at Complementos. There are about a dozen stores between Denia and Gandia, mainly along the N332. Four years ago we furnished a four bedroom villa with all the basic furniture for about half of your budget. That may make us look like cheapskates but everything we bought was towards the top of their price range! The furniture has survived extremely well - none of it has needed replacing or repairing (and it all comes with 5 year guarantee anyway). And we still had plenty left over in the budget for some special 'one-off' pieces. Complementos furniture has certainly done better than some of the Ikea furniture we have in the UK.

One thing to note if you are shopping in August - a lot of the shops shut at lunchtime and don't open again in the evening and delivery (normally very fast) will take longer as factories are often shut during August.
debk

Towels

Post by debk »

You'll be needing towels, too, so...

I buy mine from a Spanish chain called TEXTURA and guests love them. I once received an email devoted to them from a guest mid-stay.

A complete set of basic white towels costs less than €30... and they do indeed get softer and fluffier with each wash/dry. Ours look/feel better than they did when we bought them 14 months ago.

(A friend from America swears she can't get anything of comparable value for under $100 US.)

Imagine my distress this week when I found that my local Textura shop had closed! Only one left in Portugal so perhaps I will soon be sneaking across the border for towel runs into Spain...

debk
Luxury in the Heart of Lisbon
www.VisitingPortugal.com