Anyone recommend a good Home Exchange site?

Swap weeks with your fellow rental owners - stay for free anywhere in the world.<br>
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Why do Brit outfits have to be so expensive and, in dialanexchange's case,, so insanely complicated? Credits, forfeiture of weeks, penalties - all that stuff. But they do insist on an 'inside bathroom', and wait for it, a 'kitchen' in which you can prepare 'food'.

It looks mainly timeshare, and coy about the number of properties on their books. The timeshare aspect shows in the fact that when you 'deposit' a week, you can't get it back - nuts to that - why? ("...you are ceding your rights of occupancy for that week to Dial An Exchange Ltd...").

£50/year, 20,000 properties worldwide, no money-grabbing smallprint, no restrictions - try homeexchange .com - there's several other sites at a similar cost.

MG
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

With HomeExchange you can also choose to list as a Vacation Rental only, and you do get a link to your website which is great. I advertised a property as vacation rental only about 2 years ago, quite a few people enquired about swapping and seemed to not realise the Edinburgh house was rental only though.

There's a Scottish castle on HomeExchange which I swapped with, if anyones interested in an experience, give them a shout. It's in the boonies but a fantastic, somewhat creepy, experience.
MarieSatz

Sites

Post by MarieSatz »

I use homeexchange.com I have done several exchanges there and have been very happy with the results. I get a lot of inquiries and also seem to get responses when I put in an inquiry. I also like their search options.

In addition, I have found senior home exchange to be good. I've also done some exchanges through them.
Marie
http://alohafamilyproperties.webs.com
saramar

Homeexchange

Post by saramar »

Just wondering if anyone can help me - we were looking for a home exchange on Gran Canaria and found one we like the look of, but understand you can only email the other person if you are a member - its a bit much to have to pay out all that money, just for someone to say they are not interested, so could anyone who is a member of homeexchange email them for me please, just to see if they are interested - then of course we will join.

Thanks so much for your help.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:lol:
Emma40

Post by Emma40 »

There is one that I have come across called

http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com

It is small but seems to be growing and it is based in the UK, they operate on a credits basis and charge a small fee when a swap is agreed. I joined earlier this year but so far I have not had any enquiries.

Emma
willow

Post by willow »

I belong to http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com as well. You don't need to have enquiries, you can request weeks (or even short breaks) from other members as soon as you join even if weeks are showing as available. Lots of members apparently will be happy to add weeks for you if they have availability

You can have up to 2 exchanges as long as you add weeks to cover the credits used.

There is also a late offers section, which has weeks at discounted rates as well as weeks that can be bought for as little as £150. The do offer a good service too, they went out of their way to find me a holiday and are very good at responding to emails , they even phoned me!! ( not usual for internet businesses!!)

I have had 4 exchanges so far and all have been good, it's a great idea for anyone that has a holiday home
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Willow, that's very helpful and really useful to get unbiased advice.

How long have you been running exchangeholidayhomes? And how do you 'phone yourself? Just curious.:lol:

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

MG...... :wink: 8)
saramar

Thanks but...

Post by saramar »

Are they actually any good!!!! :?:

Need to get something booked soon as we are looking a the beginning of November.

Thanks
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well the owner of the site seems to think so :wink:

Where are you thinking of going Sara??
saramar

Post by saramar »

Thanks Big Sis - 11th November for 6 nights - hopefully!
home-exchanges

hi

Post by home-exchanges »

reciplocation is also best online souce for all your home exchange needs
Home Exchanges - Exchange Home Online at Reciplocation.com