About personal websites

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
paolo

About personal websites

Post by paolo »

I'll make a confession here: until quite recently I didn't even have a personal website for my two properties in France. I was so pleased with the results of using paid ads on rental listing sites that I just didn't get round to it.

This wasn't entirely down to laziness. I figured that a personal website would struggle to be found in any internet searches, with so many rental listing sites filling the first few pages of results.

However, there are some compelling reasons why you should have a website:
  • - as an online portfolio you can refer people to. You can fill it with unlimited photos and info, whereas rental listing sites restrict how much you can show in an ad.
    - because then you can use pay-per-click to bring in visitors, regardless of where you rank on the search engines.
There are a lot of topics to discuss within this category, judging by your emails to me - so let's get cracking!
Paolo
Lay My Hat