WHAT ABOUT TURKEY

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
jimadept

Post by jimadept »

Hi Rachel, thanks again, but I think we'd better move this discussion to the right thread - see Rental Listing Sites - Free Ad Sites

Jim
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Have you had any requests for April this year? We normally only open from May until October but I have had several requests for April so may consider opening earlier next year. There are reasonable flights through Lutsfansa for this time of the year though there is a stop off in Munich. For a 2 week holiday the average has been £230 per adult and £171 per child. We wanted to give the villa a fresh coat of paint before opening this year but I will get my self organised next year I think as we have literally been throwing money away.

Also we are inundated with requests for July & August and are turning away over 10 per week. We are already booked for 4 of the 6 weeks in high season 2006 as well. However May and June are slow to fill this year but I have a feeling that these months tend to be last minute minute bookings from my experience last year. We do have an active request for 2 weeks in May at the moment from Russia (does not seem like a scam) so I am confident that I will fill these months over the coming weeks. He found our website from the search engines so I must have managed to get myself listed over there somehow.

Do you have the same experience? I would also like to target the over 50's for these months, does any one know of a good way of doing this ie would pay per click be good for this with the relevant keywords and any ideas of what these would be.

RE rental listing sites I did all my advertising by Ebay last year and a bit this year and it has worked for me but others have not been so lucky. I did join holiday rentals after all the good publicity on this site but have not received a single enquiry so from my point of view I am very disapointed. I am listed on several free sites which are bringing in enquiries and I also had several repeaters from last year. I am also getting quite a few enquiries from responsible travel but again they are tending to be for peak weeks already booked.

So any ideas on attracting the over 50's in off peak months would be very welcome as would relevant keys words for a pay to click campaign.

Paulo any chance of Turkey having its own heading now there is quite a bit of activity? It would be great if there were.

Ta Sharon
Always Learning
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hanorah wrote:Paulo any chance of Turkey having its own heading now there is quite a bit of activity? It would be great if there were.
OK you convinced me, Turkey and Greece get their own forums.
Paolo
Lay My Hat