New Guest Logging Requirements

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Casscat

New Guest Logging Requirements

Post by Casscat »

Anyone got any information on the new requirements for recording guest data? I have been advised that the rules came into effect at the beginning of the year but will not be actively applied until some time in June. I am struggling to understand because we already have to obtain ID for all guests and log it with the Guardia, but this appears to be some sort of paper based system requiring a guest signature. This info has come via our local tourist office, but it all seems a bit like a) a duplication of existing data capture and b) a retrograde step back into the world of paper based systems. Anyone able to enlighten me?
Sunbeam

Re: New Guest Logging Requirements

Post by Sunbeam »

I haven't heard about a new system to register guests with the guardia civil – but the system up to now has always been paper based because the guest signature is important. The form is filled in by each guest and we log it into the online system.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Hi casscat,
Can you please give us some links to this? we also have not heard about this.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

As I understand it, we must submit guests' details online to the Guardia Civil within 1 day of their arrival. There is also a requirement for adult guests to complete and sign a form which contains pretty much the same information. The forms must be kept by the owner and may be inspected by the Guardia Civil at any time. Dunno how long you're supposed to keep them on file and I've never heard of anyone being asked for them, but there we are.

The above pertains to Valencia region and I imagine that other regions may have something similar. Personally, I'd be utterly dismayed if there are new additional requirements as suggested by Casscat. We're not on site and live in Scotland when guests are staying. We manage to comply with existing regulations, but any more complexity would be entirely unwelcome.