Strange request

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Jonathan

Strange request

Post by Jonathan »

This morning I received the following e-mail:

Hi

My name is Nic, I hope this is the correct email for this, My wife and I recently stayed with you.
We had a great time but normally when we travel we try to get a souvenir of some description. just something small like a business card or pen etc. This time around we completely forgot and since it was our first time out since Covid we'd love something small to commemorate the occasion.

I know it's an annoying request but If it is at all possible a small souvenir would be greatly appreciated. Our address is:

Nic Sarlen
Level 5/83 Victoria Street,
Christchurch Central City,
Christchurch 8013,
New Zealand

Thank you very much if possible, if not, we completely understand.
All the best,
Nic.

We have no record of anyone of this name or coming from New Zealand since the start of the year. I don't plan to reply but I am not sure what the sender is after. Any ideas?

Jonathan
paolo

Re: Strange request

Post by paolo »

Weird indeed. Maybe he has the wrong address.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

perhaps they pretend to their friends that they are better traveled than they actually are with a house full of "souvenirs"?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Maybe the scam is that they ask you to pay a customs fee at the other end so it can be delivered to them.
Paolo
Lay My Hat