Guest with Covid

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Clairey

Guest with Covid

Post by Clairey »

Hi
Our rental agency has called me as the exiting guests have said they have covid.
The rental agency has said that they can't allow new guests in for 72 hours...which means that we will lose a week's rental as they won't come at all.
At this stage of the pandemic, do you know what the right protocol is? I'm finding it impossible to find up to date advice...even PASCUK seems out of date.

Many thanks

Claire
Casscat

Re: Guest with Covid

Post by Casscat »

Regardless of any official protocol I guess it is up to the agency to set their own criteria in this respect so if the outgoing guests advised of their status and the incoming guests are booked via the same channel then there's nothing you can do.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Pretty sure PASC have said that 72 hr gaps are no longer necessary. Covid doesn’t persist on surfaces for very long, so, as long as you’re doing a thorough clean and sanitise there’s no need for a gap before the next guests arrive.

You might be able to challenge your agency on that point - direct them to the PASC newsletter for 31 December 2021, issue 90
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Clairey

Post by Clairey »

Thanks Casscat and Jo.
I contacted PASC and they said the 72 hours buffer wasn't given as guidance even in the height of the pandemic. I've asked the agency to look into their guidance as I think it's outdated and I'll refer them to the newsletter you mention.
Many thanks for your help
Claire