Can I Do More?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Casscat

Can I Do More?

Post by Casscat »

I suspect I am just being impatient and stamping my tiny size 35s a bit too much, but I am disappointed with my bookings this year. After all the time, effort, blood, sweat and tears getting my Spanish village house ready I had supposed I might expect a bit more traffic. I list on Booking.com, Airbnb, VRBO (only recently), have my own web site (PMP with own domain) and appear on the tourist office page. Also, of course, my place appears all over the place on sites I've never heard of where my listing has been reproduced from one or other of the aforementioned. Apart from the local word of mouth bookings, all guests thus far have come via Booking.com. As a newish listing it's early days, but there are now four guest reviews and a '10 - Exceptional' rating. Am I missing a trick? If you Google 'Casa Limonero Casarabonela' you will find multiple entries, but my own web page doesn't show up until P2.
FelicityA

Re: Can I Do More?

Post by FelicityA »

No advice I'm afraid but just to console you, I tested googling that and you came up on Page 1 so perhaps you are moving up in the world! Albeit, 3rd from the bottom.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

If you create a Google Maps listing it should bump you to the top of google searches.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Sunbeam wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:39 pm If you create a Google Maps listing it should bump you to the top of google searches.
I don't actually know how to do that :oops: Also I wonder if Google Maps is based on Streetview? My little house is down a pedestrian-only narrow village street and in my listings often they end up placing my location pin over a local bar :roll: