Where Are Your Guests Coming From?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Casscat

Where Are Your Guests Coming From?

Post by Casscat »

It's been a very strange few years with all the covid related travel impediments, but which markets are you finding most buoyant now that we are edging our way out of the pandemic? As a newby (after an absence of several years) I found most of my guests last year were Spanish staycationers, but this must surely change and I would like to think about how I target my marketing. Have you seen a shift since the travel barriers started to come down? Prior to the pandemic which was the most lucrative market? Do you think that the past trends will reestablish themselves or do you sense visitor growth in another area?
CSE

Re: Where Are Your Guests Coming From?

Post by CSE »

Nothing wrong with money from Spanish guests.
The majority of our guests have always been Spanish.
Even if the market gets away from Covid it is looking like cost of living increase and terrible experiences at airports will also affect what is going to happen in the vacation market.
Also from next year the Brits will have to stump up for "visas". https://etias.com/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
paolo

Post by paolo »

My experience in France is that it is back to normal this year in terms of guests coming from beyond France and Europe. The last two years were mostly French guests but that is over now, they are no longer forced to staycation.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

CSE wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:04 pm Nothing wrong with money from Spanish guests.
I didn't say there was an issue with Spanish guests. I have been very grateful for them and hope they continue to visit in the future.
CSE wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:04 pm Even if the market gets away from Covid it is looking like cost of living increase and terrible experiences at airports will also affect what is going to happen in the vacation market.
Also from next year the Brits will have to stump up for "visas". https://etias.com/
I don't think the ETIAS visa-free travel requirements will have any impact. It's not expensive to acquire and lasts for three years. However the vibe is that fewer Brits may travel to near-Europe but by the same token more travellers are likely to come to Europe from further afield. Breaking free of the pandemic travel shackles maybe!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sorry i though you was looking to diversify and get more Brits in.
The airport situation here in Spain is not looking good
https://elpais.com/economia/2022-06-08/ ... erano.html
They are getting ready to blame other countries for any flight delays.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Last year a mix of Dutch, French & Spanish. This year 100% Brits.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Pretty much the same for us - as per Marks comment
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Marks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:08 am Last year a mix of Dutch, French & Spanish. This year 100% Brits.
Really? :shock: I've only had one British couple this year. The rest have been EU. I was thinking more about tapping into the market further afield as people shake off the pandemic cobwebs and spread their travel wings. I had thought to attract more visitors from the USA for example. My property is inland, campo, classic pueblo blanco. So far it has appealed to Spanish travellers with a love of the great outdoors, and that theme is likely to carry forward, but my hope is that I can broaden the audience. All bookings are welcome of course, but I do have a very thin diary for this year thus far and I wonder if I am missing a trick somewhere.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Yes really :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.