Gas And Electric PAYG

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
rotaman

Gas And Electric PAYG

Post by rotaman »

Greetings, I know i post this issue before back 28/8/2020 and members have no problem with the all-inclusive gas and
electric but things have change since August 2020, besides Covid and now the cost of living, the price of petrol/diesel
gas/electric food etc all gone up in prices, even the the cost of renting a holiday let has gone up, if you run a holiday let with a
hot tub or you have EV hook-up 'you can buy ev hook-up lead that will plug into a 13amp socket' they estimate that there will be
about 36,000 new electric vehicles sold in the uk next year, whats to stop any guests with 2 or 3 electrics cars staying at your
let and plug into the sockets to charge their cars over night?
The Hot Tub, i have had guests that have use the hot tub and left the cover off all night, then the heater on the hot tub on all
night, Then there the gas central heating left on in warm weather or windows open,
What am saying is it open more now to abuse, i have run my holiday let on PAYG smart meter so guests can see the usage and
top up the meter by there mobile phones, i don't know why the holiday letting agencies not picked up on this.
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
newtimber

Re: Gas And Electric PAYG

Post by newtimber »

I'm sure that some properties would benefit from Smart Metering but I don't think it's very welcoming and is more suited for the cheaper end of the market. If guests are paying a lot of money for the accommodation, then guests would expect essential services to be included in the price as they are on holiday and are paying for a luxury experience. It's like booking a hot air balloon experience and finding that the gas isn't included.