Booking.com bug reference ACI-2991 - no Card CVC

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Pengman

Booking.com bug reference ACI-2991 - no Card CVC

Post by Pengman »

Some time in the early part of this year I think, a bug entered the Booking.com payment system which meant that the 3 digit card cvc’s were not passed on to the host’s payment systems. My property was closed for January and February but I reopened in early March and, to date, I’ve had 2 Booking.com guests, both of whose payments failed at the first attempt. In fact the first time it happened, I had to cancel the Booking.com booking and have the guest book direct.

Going forward I have 10 Booking.com bookings and I haven’t got card CVCs for any of them so they will all fail. Earlier today I sent Booking.com a list of these 10 bookings and requested CVCs for all of them. They responded in a couple of hours saying they don’t have the CVC information and that I should contact the guest direct and ask for them.

I’m mightily unimpressed by this. It seems Booking.com has just let the CVC codes fall through their fingers! I haven’t contacted any of my future Booking,com guests yet as I’m trying to work out how to play it, however the first guest is due to make payment in just 4 days time so I haven’t got much time. I’m wondering how guests will react if they get a message from me through the Booking.com messaging system, explaining the Booking.com system has a bug and that their payment is going to fail due to the absence of a CVC code, and their booking will then be in jeopardy unless they provide me with the 3 digit CVC code for their card ending xxxx by return of message. If I was in their shoes, I might think I was being scammed.

Anybody else experienced this? If so, how are you playing it? I strongly advise anyone with Booking.com guests to check and see if you have card CVCs missing. And does anyone know if this Booking.com bug has been sorted now, or is this going to be an ongoing problem for the foreseeable future?
I came, I saw, I bought it.
CSE

Re: Booking.com bug reference ACI-2991 - no Card CVC

Post by CSE »

Maybe there security requirements that you may not have complied with. CVC/CVV numbers are meant to be kept secure.

Have you read this?
https://partner.booking.com/en-gb/commu ... redit-card
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Pengman

Re: Booking.com bug reference ACI-2991 - no Card CVC

Post by Pengman »

I had a message back from Booking com partner services within 2 hours. They told me they don’t have the CVC card information for any of my 10 Booking.com reservations and that I should contact the guests direct. I did that with the first one today - my payment system is due to take something like £450 from him tomorrow morning, but the Booking.com server wasn’t playing ball and wouldn’t allow any messages to be sent! What a shower Booking.com are - either that or the Russians are busy hacking into Western commercial systems!
I came, I saw, I bought it.