Pool Alarm System

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
halfbob

Pool Alarm System

Post by halfbob »

Can anyone recommend a Swimming Pool Alarm System that detects if a child or pet falls in that is available to purchase in Spain?

I seem to be going round in circles on Amazon and other sites with most either unavailable or poor reviews.

Thanks
volcano

Re: Pool Alarm System

Post by volcano »

that's rubbish
The system is called: ATTENTION PARENTS AND PET OWNERS!!
As long as small children cannot swim, they must never, ever be left out of sight. ditto for pets.
halfbob

Post by halfbob »

volcano wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:37 pm that's rubbish
The system is called: ATTENTION PARENTS AND PET OWNERS!!
As long as small children cannot swim, they must never, ever be left out of sight. ditto for pets.
Yes, quite. Thanks for stating what should be obvious. Of course , if that were a fail-safe system no child or pet would ever have drowned in a swimming pool which is why I'm of the opinion that such an aid is a useful addition. The French government seem to agree having made such systems one of their approved and legally required safety measures.

I'm still interested to hear from any folks out there who've actually sourced and installed one in Spain?...
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I have a son(now adult) who needed 24/7 vigilance if there was a pool anywhere nearby INCLUDING ONE TIME HE WANDERED OFF TO THE POOL FROM THE BUFFET LUNCH with my wife in full flight after him. Any system that can help parents is worth looking at. Spain used to hold the world record for kids dying in pools. Unfortunately I can't help you in your search but if it's your pool I can suggest an alternative that really works. The pool is fenced off with a spring-clip lock on the gate. The gate springs closed and the snib is too high for a kid to open. It's not foolproof but I'ts common in Australia and I've come across it in campsites here and in France. I have a neighbour who lost a kid in the family pool. They never recovered from it. So whatever it takes is worthwhile. Good luck with the search. I'll try a few googles in Spanish and come back to you if I find anything.
PS Why halfbob? I'm a whole Bob.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Here's one the kid wears as a watch and sound an alarm if it comes in contact with water. Might be what your looking for.
https://www.segurbaby.com/es/179912/saf ... iscina.htm
halfbob

Post by halfbob »

costa-brava wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:35 am Here's one the kid wears as a watch and sound an alarm if it comes in contact with water. Might be what your looking for.
https://www.segurbaby.com/es/179912/saf ... iscina.htm

Thanks for that. So far I've found a French company who make a system that meets French legal standards but it's not available on Amazon and I can't find a Spanish source for it...

https://maytronics.fr/produits/alarmes- ... /precisio/

I may end up going for the type a child wears for my own Grandson but ideally I wanted something I could permanently install for use by guests too.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Here's Manomano. It's a website I have used quite often for DIY. I think it's based in France but also trades here in Spain. The link below has an alarm that looks like the one in your link. But I think this could be important, not just for you but for everybody with a pool. If you read the details in Manomano, they say that you are now OBLIGED BY LAW to have this type of alarm. It's not my field of knowledge. Just hope this helps.
https://www.manomano.es/alarmas-para-pi ... %20Desktop
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Been looking around trying to get a clear distinction between a private pool, a communal pool and a holiday let. It's not clear but general advice is that if you are renting it out to different people it is in the communal corner. The most popular measure seems to be with the pool enclosed by a fence and a lockable gate. I had thought that a gate that springs shut would be adequate with a snib that is out of reach of kids. But that is not the buzz I'm picking up and the wrist-watch type alarm seems to be considered a valuable addition as is the poolside alarm. I really think that all poolowners should pick up on Halfbobs request and dig out a better answer.
halfbob

Post by halfbob »

Thanks Costa-Brava.

I think I'm going to give manomano.es a try. I'll report back on how it all goes but it's unlikely to be for a few weeks.