Looking for rental not too far from BCN

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
aussiefrog

Looking for rental not too far from BCN

Post by aussiefrog »

Hello Lay My Hatters
We're looking for a small house or apartment for the two of us 24 or 25 June-02 or 03 July (so Sat-Sat is possible). Prefer away from the beach but not isolated, with parking, within 1-2 hours drive from Barcelona.
Although I detest AirBNB, which was responsible in a way for me getting out of the rental business in France, it seems there is very little other choice of on-line rental sites. Have looked at Simply Owners but there doesn't seem to be anything suitable.
Anyone have a property to offer, or booking site to try?
Thanks in advance.
Brenda
CSE

Re: Looking for rental not too far from BCN

Post by CSE »

All rentals in the area have to be registered.So when reserving any property ensure it has one.
I have used Booking.com for a long time. Not had an issue that could not be resolved. However, I have to say I am concerned how things are going now that they have announced that all but two support centres are being outsourced. That is not great news.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Sounds like your looking for the Costa Brava. Calonge is a nice little town a mile or so back from the beach, anywhere near Palafrugell or maybe the spa town of Caldes de Malavella. All of these about an hour from Barcelona. They are in the Province of Girona. Following on from CSE's advice about officially registered properties. They all have a number that starts HUT. So HUTG is Girona; HUTB is Barcelona and the Maresme coast; HUTT is Tarragona and the Costa Dorada.
Every town has several active agencies who will book direct as well as through Airbnb etc.
Google "alquileres vacacionales" and you'll get them popping up. Or "finques" which is how Catalan estate agencies normally name themselves. There are very few who don't speak English or French.
There's tons of stuff out there. Prices have jumped a bit since Covid.
Sorry, can't offer you anything myself. Retired now.
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Thanks so much for both replies, good info and advice.
On with the search!