Spain-Holiday again

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

Spain-Holiday again

Post by Marks »

Anyone else unable to access their account?

Email address and password are correct, just a message saying 'could not find your phone number in our system.' I know my phone number is there.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I can access mine Marks though looking at the 'performance figures' wish I hadn't bothered!
Marks

Post by Marks »

They got me back in. Hmmm, I see what you mean. This used to be such a good site to get bookings through.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Does anyone know what Spain Holiday will do once current contracts run out? I am still getting bookings through them but don't want to go onto their new system so after April that will be that. However they don't normally reveal the contact's details until 1 month before rental starts so how am I supposed to contact my clients in June July and August to give them info on how to access the property etc! Are they obliged to hand over that info at the end of my contract or will they try and "blackmail" me into signing up for their new site? What is everyone else doing?
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Further to my previous post I have managed after days of trying to speak to someone on the phone From Spain Holiday about the issue I raised above. Andres from stated that the accounts would remain accessible after the contracts end to owners and renters so communication could still take place although the adverts for the property would then not be accessible.
CSE

Post by CSE »

joddle wrote:Further to my previous post I have managed after days of trying to speak to someone on the phone From Spain Holiday about the issue I raised above. Andres from stated that the accounts would remain accessible after the contracts end to owners and renters so communication could still take place although the adverts for the property would then not be accessible.
Persistence is paying off. I expect it is not doing you sanity any good though.

So that means that the guests will not see any details of your property?
That does not sound reassuring. The guests may not have confidence in their reservation when that happens.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
joddle

Post by joddle »

You are right about my sanity - however they say guests will be able to see my advert until the end of my contract which ends in April but after that the site will not show my property on their listings although the account will remain open until all current rentals are completed. I think that is the gist but I think I will also ask my clients to provide an alternative method of contact just in case things go pear shaped!
CSE

Post by CSE »

alternative contact methods sounds like plan.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
joddle

Re: Spain-Holiday again

Post by joddle »

Still trying to find an alternative to Spain Holiday as I don't like the look of their alternative! - has anyone else found a listing site which is something like Spain Holiday in the way it operates?
CatGirl

Re: Spain-Holiday again

Post by CatGirl »

joddle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:41 am Still trying to find an alternative to Spain Holiday as I don't like the look of their alternative! - has anyone else found a listing site which is something like Spain Holiday in the way it operates?
Well done in getting to speak to them. I've sent emails (had no replies), tried the old phone number I had (which doesn't get answered).
No I don't like the new owners so I've totally de-listed off Spain Holiday. Sad - I used to like them - and get some bookings

There is a couple you can look at.
Houfy .com - free to list - no guest booking fees - but they have no marketing budget so it is down to you to drive all your own traffic to your ad. Bigger in US than Europe. But if you don't have your own website this is an option. You can also create your own website from your listing - there is a charge for this.

clickstay .com - again free to list. If you have a Stripe account, you can link that up and receive direct payment for which there there is just a 3% booking charge (plus Stripe fess of course) - no guest booking fee. If you don't have a stripe account then at the moment they will take payment for you and then both you and the guest are charged. Owner 10% - guest 4.5% - don't know if this is available to new joiners though.

I advertise on both - never had a booking via Houfy - don't get than many via Clickstay, maybe 1 a year.
Sometimes I sits and I thinks but sometimes I just sits

www.roda-golf.co.uk