Cleaners wanted in St Ives Cornwall

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Davita sunshine

Cleaners wanted in St Ives Cornwall

Post by Davita sunshine »

Hi all I have been reading this forum recently and much appreciate LM contributions. I wonder if I can get some help or advise on my current situation.

We are setting up a holiday let in St Ives and have booked a couple of local agencies next week to discuss details. I’ve trying to contact local cleaners from FB and google search but no luck. They either have full capacity or they don’t like to take property without parking. I started to have a second thought about our investment decision but I don’t think I can reverse it now since we spent so much money to doing it up to holiday let standard.

We are just over four hours away from St Ives. It’s impossible for us to do the changeovers. I even thought about the career change. My husband thinks I am crazy. Any words of wisdom can save me out of miseries would be much appreciated.
Davita sunshine

Just add to my post- we have signed up with local estate agents for car park rental or sale but no luck. We are in walking distance to the town center and the cottage is on a private pedestrian foot path. It’s impossible to build a car parking. Anyways I am after cleaners and car parking if there are any. :roll:
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

You could try a local holiday let agency and let them fully manage the lets and have the problem of finding the cleaners!

Alternatively, if the cleaners are fully booked with holiday lets, you could maybe have a different changeover day maybe Fridays rather than the more busy Saturdays?
Davita sunshine

Thanks newtimer. You are right. I just hope that the changeover service that local agents would charge won’t cost much higher than independent cleaners.