Good listing sites for special offers?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Pengman

Good listing sites for special offers?

Post by Pengman »

Can anybody suggest good listing sites for Special Offers? Currently I use 2 listing sites - Independent Cottages (IC) and Simply Sea Views (SSV). Advantages and Disadvantages, as far as offers are concerned, are as follows:-

IC Advantages

Have a Special Offers tab so guests can go straight to the offers
Have a (limited) text field where you can describe each offer

IC Disadvantages

Limited to 12 offers max over (I think) the following 3 month period
Can’t list offers with overlapping dates
Offers aren’t searchable by date so guests first see offers commencing tomoz followed by the day after etc. So if you list an offer starting 2 weeks hence you may be 800 places back from the start line then gradually move forward on a day by day basis, so sales are unlikely until just before the start date (by which time you may have sold it anyway)

SSV Advantages

No limit to the number of offers you can list (or none that I’ve found yet anyway)
Offers with overlapping dates allowed

SSV Disadvantages

No special offers tab - offers just come up with a red flag showing the reduced price when guest search normally
No text field for describing an offer

———

I guess what I’m looking for is the IC approach but with (a) no limit on the number of offers I can list, (b) overlapping dates allowed on offers, and (c) offers searchable, certainly as far as dates are concerned, but ideally on other fields also. I reckon, for any one month, I should be able to list a max of 180 offers, as follows:
2 day offers -30
3 day offers - 30
4 day offers - 30
5 day offers - 30
6 day offers - 30
7 day offers - 30
Not that I would ever need or want to list that many, but that’s the capability I’m ideally looking for (and which SSV appears to have)

Any suggestions?
I came, I saw, I bought it.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

You could try Airbnb and limit dates available to those with special prices - there will be pros and cons to this but perhaps worth looking at.