Which iron?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Jemima Copping

Which iron?

Post by Jemima Copping »

I am thinking of getting a Laptronix Steam Press and would like to know if anyone has bought one and if it is worth it?
It looks very much the same as the more expensive Singer esp2 Steam press which I have been recommended by a professional ironer.It would not get heavy usage as I only have 1 set of bedding for my cottage to deal with.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Sherry

Post by Sherry »

I don’t know the brand you refer to, but I tried a singer 2 steam press. It ironed beautifully but it was far too small a table for bedding. Plus the ‘throat’ at the rear of the iron didn’t open far enough to take a double sheet at the back, so you could pull it through bit by bit. I’d bought it from Argos so returned it. I bought a much larger one from EBay that had a bigger table size, and opened up enough to get a double duvet at the back.

However if you haven’t much to do then honestly i don’t think a steam press is worth it. I still do pillowcases using the iron, as it gets a better finish, and the singles are easy enough to iron anyway. It’s just the heavy duty doubles that are a pain, and I don’t do the super kings anyway. I still send my super king bedding to the laundry.

To be honest it’s probably cheaper and easier to send everything to the laundry, and then claim the expenses back from your tax return. It just means having a few extra sets of bedding in case the laundry is a bit slow one week.