Sites like Spain-hol used to be.

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
costa-brava

Sites like Spain-hol used to be.

Post by costa-brava »

I have just posted in the one about Spain-hol but speaking about alternatives moves away a bit from the original theme of dealing with the changes in Spain-hol.
I suggested Habitaclia but there is also Fotocasa who offer a similar deal. You advertise free if you are a "particular", private owner and all enquiries come direct to you. The section is "alquileres vacacionales". Again this is a site that I used to sell my properties, rather than rentals but found it nice site to work with. For my town all adverts for September are for properties of agencies but if they are going to the trouble, they must be getting something from it.
They have a link in English www.fotocasa.es/en/
Remember that English has been fairly well taught in both primary and secondary schools since the 1980's so most families have someone who can do the deal in English, if your Spanish is wobbly.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I tried using fotocasa but they require an energy certificate even though we only rent for just under 4 months per year which is the cut off for needing one.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Joddle, look at the post by CSE 22nd Aug. I think all holiday rentals now need the energy certificate and the law is that you must have it in all adverts.
joddle

Post by joddle »

costa-brava wrote:Joddle, look at the post by CSE 22nd Aug. I think all holiday rentals now need the energy certificate and the law is that you must have it in all adverts.
But this is what I found
exempted property

The EPC does not have to be obtained for:

1 property that has a floor area of less than 50 square meters
2 buildings that are purchased for major renovation or demolition
3 buildings or parts of buildings that are used for less than four months a year
4 property where there is already a rental contract in place
5 property where a rental contract is signed for less than four months

6 The landlord or owner must make a signed declaration if they consider the property to be exempt. This declaration should be included in the sale or rental contract as applicable.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I have a notion that this refers to the previous law, not the new one about vacation properties. Have you got a link? What date is it?
CSE

Post by CSE »

I cannot see where it states a rental of less than 4 months is except. It actually states that this has been revised.
En cambio, como recuerda Juan López-Asiain, resposable del gabinete técnico del Consejo General de la Arquitectura Técnica (CGATE), "a diferencia de la normativa de 2013, que excluía de la obligación de disponer de certificado energético a las partes de edificios existentes de viviendas, cuyo uso fuera inferior a cuatro meses al año, el nuevo procedimiento básico para la certificación de la eficiencia energética no excluye a las viviendas con este límite de tiempo de uso, entre las que se encuentran las segundas residencias y viviendas vacacionales",
https://www.idealista.com/news/vacacion ... torio-para
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.