Spain-Holiday

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

MARKS, How did you manage to contact Spain-Holiday, their phone number seems to have been disconnected , and Bookiply doesn't have any record of you unless you have signed up with them which I haven't , I will need to make some sort of decision when my Spain-Holiday subscription expires in June . Do you have a contact telephone number or email for Spain-Holiday ?
[/b]
Marks

Post by Marks »

Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Message to Manclass.
My post about alternatives to Spain-hol moves away from your original post about the changes within Spain-hol. Sorry about that and I opened a new post.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I've tried to put my advert on habitatclia but am stuck on them accepting my mobile , it says put the international number there which would be +44 and then without the 0 but it won't accept it
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I think sometimes you need to keep in the 0 with mobiles as it is part of the number. Dropping the zero was something from the age of landlines. But I'm not sure. Maybe a post in the technical section will get a more informed reply.
joddle

Spain Holiday site keeps changing my prices

Post by joddle »

I have been adjusting my prices on the SH site but when I thjkn go to check as a potential client they produce a different rental to that I have put into my details. Sometimes it is higher and sometimes lower but never the amount I have asked for. How on earth are people going to react if I tell them the price advertised is not correct - does anyone else have this issue? and if so how do you fix it.....
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I have just done some testing and find that the price is always correct (rental rate + cleaning fee).

I have found though that price increases do not always update at the first time of entering the new rate, sometimes I have to enter and press 'save' two or three times for the update to go through. This was the subject of another complaint I had to make.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Thanks I have tried saving over and over and I don't have a price for cleaning so cannot understand what is going on. For my peak period I am asking in 1060e per week but if I go to the site as a potential renter the price being quoted is 1090euros!!!! I just can't see where they get that figure from as it does not relate to anything on my listing. Also they quote 155e per night when my price is 151 even when I put a price per night in !!! Tried looking at several date ranges but the result is always wrong if I make an enquiry.. For earlier in the year the error is worse - for a period which I have set at 780e per week the price that comes up to a client is 840e!!!!! See images from links

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194275399 ... ed-public/
volcano

Post by volcano »

I would delete the browser cache. Or use another browser, or another device.
joddle

Post by joddle »

volcano wrote:I would delete the browser cache. Or use another browser, or another device.
tried that and using another machine and another browser - tried re-inputting the details again and noticed that I had overlapping dates because people come in the afternoon and leave in the morning but even separating the periods by a day it still does not show the correct prices although they are closer now to what they were before. I am still searching for another alternative to SH as my contract with the expires in April! Anyone else found another good listing site to use ?
joddle

Post by joddle »

I tried using fotocasa but they require an energy certificate even though we only rent for just under 4 months per year which is the cut off for needing one.

Post by roxytoo »

I've tried fotocasa and habitaclia but they don't seem to do rentals under a month. I've asked and that's what they said even though the translation seems to say 'temporada' which to me is seasonal but I don't think it is! I haven't found anything out there now that works anywhere near like spain-holiday did so I've thrown in the towel! The trust pilot reviews are getting interesting!
Marks

Post by Marks »

joddle wrote:Thanks I have tried saving over and over and I don't have a price for cleaning so cannot understand what is going on. For my peak period I am asking in 1060e per week but if I go to the site as a potential renter the price being quoted is 1090euros!!!! I just can't see where they get that figure from as it does not relate to anything on my listing. Also they quote 155e per night when my price is 151 even when I put a price per night in !!! Tried looking at several date ranges but the result is always wrong if I make an enquiry.. For earlier in the year the error is worse - for a period which I have set at 780e per week the price that comes up to a client is 840e!!!!! See images from links

Try updating your price bands with the actual rate per night. I noticed that is what they use to calculate the rate per stay even though I have both 7 and 14 nights rates entered.

For example the price for 7 nights in one apartment in July is 695€ but it is calculated on my entered nightly rate of 100€ per night so comes out at 700€.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Heads up habitatclia is part of a large group including fotocasa. Including Ebay.
https://www.adevinta.com/about/#our-brands
I can see that all of the vacation rentals I looked at on habitatclia link to fotocasa.

joddle I have answered your post about the 4 month exemption for a in the other thread. I cannot find one any exemption.

If anyone is having issues listing then perhaps it would be best to contact the website. They have contact pages.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

CSE You have hit a cracker. I had no idea this organisation existed and it could be what LMH owners are looking for. I see that it is Norwegian with tons of funds. Most interesting for LMHatters is that they also own Leboncoin and Locasun which offers the chance to advertise in France (the best rental guests in the world) and to Gumtree the UK site.
Can I suggest that you open a new thread just on Adevinta? I really think it has a lot to offer anyone who is prepared to exploit it. And by the nature of the beast they seem to be concentrating on sites that offer free ads.