Cottages.com poor media coverage

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Ludwig

Cottages.com poor media coverage

Post by Ludwig »

Contributors may be interested in this recent coverage:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/ ... oliday-let
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I wonder if this has anything to do with the email I've just had from Cottages.com? I had to read it twice to understand that they are actually offering to pay owners for listing with them:
Exclusive contract:
- If Cottages.com would be your exclusive agent and main platform for instant bookings (so you would only be using Cottages.com OR also taking bookings on request via your own website or Airbnb for example & you would be manually updating the Cottages.com diary), then we could offer you £600 per property (reward capped at 3 so £1800 could be yours!)
Shared availability contract:
- If you would be connecting your instant availability to Cottages.com via an iCal link or Supercontrol then I would send you a non-exclusive shared availability agreement. For this, the signing incentive would be £200 per property (reward capped for 30 so £6000 could be paid to you!)
Do you think they're struggling to find owners?
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

My agent was acquired by cottages.com (I think! Its hard to work out who they are 'Awaze' or Cottages.com)

They've been awful. Ignore messages from me. Deducted the wrong amounts when there were cancellations and rebooking and continually ignore my requests to re-do photographs.

Keen to move on but haven't got the time to sort this out and suspect they are all as bad as each other.
MG