Spain holiday and Bookify

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Vera

Spain holiday and Bookify

Post by Vera »

I've been contacted by Bookify who tell me they have taken over Spain Holiday. They are a German company who seem to own Holidu and also offer a system that manages your listings on airbandb bookingdotcom and others if required.

They offered a free listing on Holidu, for existing Spain holiday clients and charge 6% for bookings.

Does anyone have a feel for this, the sales pressure was quite high to take it up but as it's a free listing i will probably look at it.
joddle

Re: Spain holiday and Bookify

Post by joddle »

Vera wrote:I've been contacted by Bookify who tell me they have taken over Spain Holiday. They are a German company who seem to own Holidu and also offer a system that manages your listings on airbandb bookingdotcom and others if required.

They offered a free listing on Holidu, for existing Spain holiday clients and charge 6% for bookings.

Does anyone have a feel for this, the sales pressure was quite high to take it up but as it's a free listing i will probably look at it.
Not had anything myself about this and I have been with Spain Holiday for a great many years and just paid up for another year!!!!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

me neither! I have been with them since 2002 and they are now really the only source of bookings. They have had a lot of glitches in the website in the past 6 months and keep telling me it will be all sorted soon though.................I really really hope they havent been taken over
volcano

Spain-Holiday is being merged with Bookiply

Post by volcano »

Spain-Holiday is being merged with Bookiply
This is what SH announced to me today. Sad, just sad.
Thus, the last bastion of the booking portals with an annual fee will fall.
We will get more information in the next few days. A pity!
Vera

Post by Vera »

As explained, Spain-Holiday is being merged with Bookiply, one of Europe's leading service providers for vacation rental owners and agencies.

What does this change mean for you?

Your Spain-Holiday advert is being transferred to Bookiply and gets a major upgrade just in time for the high season:

Distribution on 7 top booking portals in addition to Spain-Holiday

Unlimited visibility and bookings on Spain-Holiday

Professional photos of your property

Personal assistant

Multilingual customer support for your guests

Mobile app to manage your property and bookings on the go

Premium host status on Booking.com and Vrbo
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I'm gutted. I dont want to be on Booking.com et al, do we have a choice? I havent received any notification yet
volcano

Post by volcano »

Here is the full text of the Email:
Hello,

Today we’re excited to announce a new chapter in the Spain-Holiday story. Spain-Holiday is being acquired by Holidu and merged with its subsidiary Bookiply.

When you started working with Spain-Holiday, we committed to showing your holiday home to millions of travelers, providing you with personalized service and making the management of your holiday home easier.

By partnering with Holidu, we take a step further in this commitment: as part of the Holidu Group, Spain-Holiday will be able to give your adverts more visibility and enhance its service in meaningful ways.

What happens next

You can expect Spain-Holiday to become even greater than it is today in the next weeks and months. Our team will reach out to you soon with information about new features and services. In the meantime, we continue operating as usual.

About Holidu and Bookiply

Both Spain-Holiday and Holidu share a passion for vacation rentals and a philosophy of empowering homeowners to manage their holiday homes in a professional yet simple way.

Holidu was founded in 2014 with the mission of finally making vacation rental easy, both to travelers and to homeowners. Since then, it has grown into a leading search engine for vacation rentals visited by 25M+ travelers every month. With its subsidiary Bookiply, Holidu has developed a property management solution that enabled thousands of homeowners to take their holiday rental business to the next level.

Bookiply provides services to homeowners from 10 offices across Europe, including 3 offices in Spain: Malaga, Palma and Santa Cruz.
Vera

Post by Vera »

I think it's optional. I am on bookingdot and she said i could continue to manage this listing myself.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Vera wrote:
Premium host status on Booking.com and Vrbo
Thank you for the update Vera.

Does this mean there is no point listing on both VRBO and Spain-Holiday?