VFT or VTAR

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Casscat

VFT or VTAR

Post by Casscat »

My 'little house' project is almost ready for furnishing etc. now that the builders have finished and I will be submitting the licence for tourist accommodation. The question I have is which type of licence should I be applying for? The property is a typical 'pueblo blanco' village house, inland, within the boundaries of the Sierra de las Nieves natural park and UNESCO biosphere. It is therefore in a rural setting but within a village (2,500 inhabitants across the entire municipality). I understood the VFT to be introduced largely to regulate tourists rentals on the costas and within the 'hot spot' cities but not really intended to cover sleepy inland villages. I am particularly concerned that air con might be a requirement as there is no means of installing it from either an economic nor an aesthetic perspective. Any insights?
CSE

Post by CSE »

I would have thought someone form the area would have written an answer.
How your property is classified will depend on location and what services you will offer.
All the info is on the Junta website, even if it is buried a bit
https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/organis ... rismo.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

VFT all done and dusted. No actual inspection though, just an online application with a licence number more or less by return.